PDA

View Full Version : Christina / Winifred Area, how much rain?

Pikebreath
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Earlier forecasts this week were for up to 70 mm in this area. How much has it rained up there? Never been up that way, but hope to to head up that way tomorrow.

Further to that what is the current status of the road into Winefred and is there a place to camp (tent) that is not part of the lodge there?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Full Curl Earl
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Has been raining for 2 days straight, in 30 + years I don't recall this much rain ever! Tha road into Winnifred and Grist 5 days ago required 4 wheel drive, but not bad so I was told. Can't even imagine what it's like now! I would be real hesitant to try it now, of course anything can be done. There are some tent camps you can rent, but the cabins used to be reasonable to rent at Winnifred. Christina would be no problem to get into, as it's about an hour closer to Conklin corner than Winnifred is. The lodge at Christina can rent a camp spot or you can go around the back side of the lake, directly opposite of the lodge and camp there, down by the lake.

Tsimms
07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
My room mate was down around winefred yesturday in a hydrovac said the road was very bad .. I was planning a trip there myself ..Christina will not be a problem .. I fish there alot ...

Hunter Trav
07-04-2012, 03:18 PM
There is a campground east of the lodge w/ public launch. The road in there is pretty bad in spots so 4x4 is recommended for sure...

Pikebreath
07-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, very helpful info.... We'll head to Christina and if it dries up in couple days, we'll check out the road to Winifred.