PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon Lake Fishing

dale7637
07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have any experience at Sturgeon lake west of valleyview?
Just found out that we are meeting the family there this weekend, and i would like to take the boat down and get some fishing in. According to the website, the lake has pike, walleye, perch and whitefish. I though that I would ask the fine folks here for some info before i head down. Is the fishing any good? What is the boat launch like?
Thanks in advance everyone.

Saltmania
07-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Nice lake. I've fished quite a bit in the narrows over the winter and at Young's Point early this summer. Minnows on jigs produce pike and walleye quite consistently. Perch are trickier, but when you find them they're big and fat. I haven't gotten a whitefish out of there yet, but haven't targeted them.

I don't know about the boat launch since I just launch my canoe wherever.

TUFFBUFF
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
suposed to be fishing pretty good now, we were there first week in june and a bit slow but probably in the wrong spot for time of year. bring your jigs and some minnows.

Bound2Fish
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
From the boat launch, head easterly and a bit north for about a mile, there is a nice hole that is tough to find, but with a fish finder it is not too bad. You can hammer the walleye there all day and is my #1 spot to fish on that lake. Hope it helps you and you find it.

Stumpslayer
07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I always fished west of the point about 1/2 mile then about 150 yards off the swimming area, in about 20-25 feet of water, lots of walleye, you can count on landing a fish for just about every minnow in the tub. Sometime they just tap it lightly, so be ready!

Loads of fun and great place to take kids to get them into the sport!

Once in a while you will hook a pike and sometimes a real good one, 8- 10lbs especially in the Narrows.

dale7637
07-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Awesome!

Thanks for the help everyone. I love this site for all of the great people that are willing to help a guy out.

Thanks again everyone.