PDA

View Full Version : Decent Lake McGregor Shoreline Fishing Spots?

M4verick
07-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Anybody tip some good locations for shoreline fishing on Lake McGregor? Don't have a boat, and I'd like to camp nearby. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rick.
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM
There is a good looking campground at Milo and lots of people fishing at the north end right near the campground. Best of luck. Rick.

Bill L
07-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Lots of people fish along the dam and the inlet canal, have also caught fish by the boat launch

edmutv
07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
We are in the truck headed there for the weekend I was looking for same information. Hopefully the weather is good

Who Da Fisherman
07-06-2012, 01:22 PM
We are in the truck headed there for the weekend I was looking for same information. Hopefully the weather is good

Something to be said about pre-planning LOL.

Rick.
07-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Severe thunderstorm watch for the area this afternoon. Keep one eye to the west. Rick.

edmutv
07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Something to be said about pre-planning LOL.

was heading down that way to see some friends fishing was just an after thought. We had great luck right off the dock at the Lake Mcgregor estates boat launch. My 7 year old daughter caught a nice walleye and a few pike. I got a couple pics and then decided to drop my phone off dock. So now I am out a phone and daughter has nothing to brag to grampa with.:mad3:

Rick.
07-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I thought that dock was private. No worries about the pics. Trust me, grandpa will believe her. I got out all day Saturday and the fishing was hot. Was even trolling for pike and picking up walleyes in shallow. Bottom bouncing for walleye was non stop. Biggest walleye was 22 inches and very wide shoulders. Rick.

edmutv
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I thought that dock was private. No worries about the pics. Trust me, grandpa will believe her. I got out all day Saturday and the fishing was hot. Was even trolling for pike and picking up walleyes in shallow. Bottom bouncing for walleye was non stop. Biggest walleye was 22 inches and very wide shoulders. Rick.

The dock is private we have friends with cabin there so we were able to stay in the little campground for visitors and use all the facilities.

Fishnafterwork
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Go to the inlet canal u can park almost beside it I've caught an 7 lb walleye there on bait 5 lb rainbows 4 lb butbot and monster pike.... In thus hot weather action should b fantastic cause that's cold bow river water flowing in there pull spoons and rapalas and ur sure to catch there on a day like this

jacenbeers
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
There are not any fish in the canal this year.

Fishnafterwork
07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Haha jacenbeers why do u say that?? That canal is alway chaulk full of fish

jacenbeers
07-10-2012, 12:55 PM
It winter killed.

marlin1
07-10-2012, 01:09 PM
uhh I saw fish jumping in that canal a week ago , just sayin . It's open at both ends and new water is flowing , how would it be winterkilled??:confused:

MoFugger21
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
uhh I saw fish jumping in that canal a week ago , just sayin . It's open at both ends and new water is flowing , how would it be winterkilled??:confused:

Sarcasm, that's how... Lol. :)

marlin1
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
oh yeah that's right it did winter kill shortly after they drained it , my bad :)

Fishnafterwork
07-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Damn we r stupid eh? Better stick to the rocks at the north end it drops real deep there and you won't get snagged and lose gear :)

jacenbeers
07-10-2012, 04:00 PM
There is also heavy pollution in the canal from the large industrial complex nearby which poisons and deforms the fish. It also makes the fumes from the water dangerous so you should avoid fishing the canal altogether.

fish99
07-20-2012, 12:46 PM
There is also heavy pollution in the canal from the large industrial complex nearby which poisons and deforms the fish. It also makes the fumes from the water dangerous so you should avoid fishing the canal altogether.

sounds like your fav spot.

blackpheasant
07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Go to the inlet canal u can park almost beside it I've caught an 7 lb walleye there on bait 5 lb rainbows 4 lb butbot and monster pike.... In thus hot weather action should b fantastic cause that's cold bow river water flowing in there pull spoons and rapalas and ur sure to catch there on a day like this

X2 anywhere along the canal from Carseland to mcgregor can be unreal for rainbows, you can drive the canal stop at the bridges they provide some decent holes to fish, don't know why but the red & white Len Thompsons were always the lure that seemed to work the best...