PDA

View Full Version : battle river question

whitetailman
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
i was touring some gravel roads south of camrose looking for some bucks in velvet to get some pictures of and happened to come across a old iron bridge that the battle ran under. i looked out farther into the valley and it looked like the river had flooded at the end.. anyone know what the fishings like?

pickrel pat
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
i was touring some gravel roads south of camrose looking for some bucks in velvet to get some pictures of and happened to come across a old iron bridge that the battle ran under. i looked out farther into the valley and it looked like the river had flooded at the end.. anyone know what the fishings like?

i tried that exact same spot a couple times this year with no luck.

Alberta Bigbore
07-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I know that the battle river where hwy 2 crosses it, has people catching fish.

A guy was landing a pike on a flyrod as I was crossing over it today coming back north training a Noob driver. Had some size to it. Must have been full of walleye in his belly. lol

whitetailman
07-07-2012, 10:12 AM
i seen that there was people right where it looks like it started flooding.. they had a fire going and stuff so maybe they were fishing??

Flyfisher87
07-14-2012, 08:38 AM

I know exactly where you are talking about. The road is called the Aberhart Road. If you look to the east in the valley, you will see Driedmeat Lake, and yes the area does look like it is flooded. I used to know the landowners as they were good customers of mine when I worked in Camrose. The fishing for me was phenomenal right underneath the bridge. Caught pike on nearly every cast somedays. Biggest around the 3-4lb mark. I had a lot of breakoffs in that spot. Lots of stuff in the water. Rocks etc. So if you find a bunch of lures there, they are probably mine.

whitetailman
07-14-2012, 04:44 PM
right on thanks for the info.! i might just go test my luck there..!