PDA

View Full Version : Landslide Lake Report

outdoorsmen101
07-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Just got back from Landslide Lake. Fishing was excellent during the morning, but the lake was VERY silty and about five feet or more higher than previous years. When the melt caught up in the afternoon the inlet even got siltier and the bite was off. Lots of snow up there to melt yet and lots as low as the lake. The weather was great and a great time was had by all. The fish were mostly bottom feeding and sinking line is a must, or lures.

We did however take out a garbage bag full of "leftovers" which included empty bags of mountain house dinners, cans, beer cans, pots, pans, a couple plastic containers that had previously held worms :mad3:, and an additional assortment of clothing, wrappers and bags. Not a great start for this season. Also Entry (Hidden Lake) was VERY silty as well.

Penner
07-08-2012, 10:12 PM
The foothills/mountains had a ton of rain last month. Everything is high and dirty.

Nothing more frustrating than people disrespecting our outdoors. Makes you sick. I wish a guy could find out who it was so I could have a honey wagon return the favour onto their front lawns.

Good on you for cleaning it up.

ovis40
07-08-2012, 10:38 PM
2x on the clean up! Makes you wonder why people do that ****tt.
What way did you go in? Choppers busy?

BeeGuy
07-08-2012, 11:02 PM
When the bite was on, how many feet of water visibility do you think there was?

outdoorsmen101
07-09-2012, 06:37 AM
2x on the clean up! Makes you wonder why people do that ****tt.
What way did you go in? Choppers busy?

Went in with Icefield Helicopters. We were the only ones at the lake. There were some guys that came through training for a mountain endurance race. They came over from the highway staging area past whirlpool point. Three hours to get to the lake...now that's being in shape!

I would recommend waiting for a week or maybe even two if you want good fishable conditions.

outdoorsmen101
07-09-2012, 06:39 AM
When the bite was on, how many feet of water visibility do you think there was?

Probably five or six feet...not very much. Then it went to zero/zero.

MikeAndHike
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I am hiking in there on Friday, any advice? Hiking in via Cline river.