PDA

View Full Version : Confession.....

kylecott
07-09-2012, 10:57 PM
my name is kyle, and i have never caught a pike. there i said it... i tried the glenmore res today to the left of the sailing club. i had one bite but failed to do anything with it. im just curious as to where a guy can go on glenmore res and do alright? any help would be greatly appretiated.
i would like to go there again in the morning, see if i can finally catch a few pike.... i wont give up.

ReconWilly
07-09-2012, 11:10 PM
The sailing club is waaaaaay more productive than the rowing club, buzzbombs, spoons, raps, storm swimbaits or you can p-rig it with smelts

kylecott
07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
so the south is more productive than the north? i was at about the half way point from the park to the point. was there for an evening fish and as i said nuthin. maybe i will tryit again in the morning... i was using the p-rig with smelt, and another buddy was using a few worms.

BeeGuy
07-09-2012, 11:53 PM
We fish from my canoe and have caught pike everywhere.

We see more fish on the sonar near the steamboat, where the skulls are moored by the canoe club, and in the various channels beyond casting distance.

That said, there are pike everywhere. Put on a big flashy spoon and work the shore line. Be aware there are lots of followers and sometimes you have to work to get them to commit.

BeeGuy
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Hows the water clarity? Took a look on Sunday and it was still pretty bad.

kylecott
07-10-2012, 12:02 AM
it didnt look to bad today, that being said i have never fished there before so i dont know how clear it can be.....

BeeGuy
07-10-2012, 12:02 AM
how far could you see into the water?

more than 12"?

Dacotensis
07-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Kyle,
I am 40, I have been fishing since I was 2 and I have no memory of catching a walley through the ice. Caught lots of other fish...
I won't give up!

Fishnafterwork
07-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Hahaha I love this thread thus is like catholic church.... I'm fishnafterwork and I can't learn fly fishing cause when the fish start jumping and I get my first tangle I run back to the truck and grab my spin gear.... And about glenmore reservoir I fished here for many years from shore ( never from a boat) and the fishing here can b summed up with one work SLOW.. Although if u go back to where u were today but in may the brown trout are there. I saw a guy get a 8 lb one and I went and bought the same lure that nite and got a 5 lber the next day..... But ya back to pike try the inlet canal to chestermere lake... Pull a five of diamonds ( red and yellow) pike wanna chase and kill pull hardware and lots if it. .... Hope it helps and good luck!

DiabeticKripple
07-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Here's my confession

I have only ever caught perch and whitefish ice fishing. I wanna change this!

I've only caught about 5-6 freshwater species (see sig)

kylecott
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
decided today would be good to try the pine coulee...... that was the best decision i have made in a long time. my uncle always says, ''find 'em and feed 'em'' well i found them, i fed them on every cast all afternoon. i lost count but there were a lot of walleyes.... i sure am glad i found this forum