PDA

View Full Version : Is 30+ degrees too hot for fishing

moonyrat
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi, I'm planning to go fishing this weekend, but the weather is 32 degrees +, is it too hot for trout fishing during the day?

Willowtrail
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Its never too hot to fish. Go out early mornong and evening. Take a nap in the afternoon and get rested from getting up so early.

Marsha
07-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I went out to chickapoo yesterday got to the lake about 5 am the fishing was great till about 8 then with the heat tapered off

catnthehat
07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
The est walleye day I ever had was in heat like this and no clouds!!
Water was as high as it is now, and sulljr's son and i were in the mouth of a feeder creek on the Athabasca - 250 fish plus , EACH for the afternoon!

IIRC John hooked 18 fish with 18 casts or some crazy thing like that .
We kept a couple each and released the rest, which was made eaiser with barbless hooks!:)
The water was high and muddy, so the bright day did not seem to bother the 'eyes, and they were right after the minnows that were in the water.
I can't recall catching a pike that day either!
Cat

ReconWilly
07-10-2012, 11:51 AM
The est walleye day I ever had was in heat like this and no clouds!!
Water was as high as it is now, and sulljr's son and i were in the mouth of a feeder creek on the Athabasca - 250 fish plus , EACH for the afternoon!

IIRC John hooked 18 fish with 18 casts or some crazy thing like that .
We kept a couple each and released the rest, which was made eaiser with barbles hooks!:)
The water was high and muddy, so the bright day did not seem to bother the 'eyes, and they were right afyter tyhe minnows that were in the water.
I can't recall catching a pike that day either!
Cat

30 degrees is too hot to do anything...but the Walleye don't seem to agree with me...:scared0015:

ogre
07-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd say go for it!
What you'll get is an automatically poached trout on every bite. It'll be legal too.

In case you're wondering, http://www.ontariofishing.net/fish-recipes/poached-trout.html

quiteeye
07-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I'd say go for it!
What you'll get is an automatically poached trout on every bite. It'll be legal too.

In case you're wondering, http://www.ontariofishing.net/fish-recipes/poached-trout.html
Haha:test:

moonyrat
07-10-2012, 11:08 PM
lol I will give it try thx for the feedback guys :sHa_shakeshout:

I'd say go for it!

Rikkles Fisher
07-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I was out near Caroline fishing all day and it was great fishing! I have some killer sunburns now though and it hurts to move.

pikergolf
07-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Absolutely, way to hot, everybody should stay home in the air conditioned environment. Way to hot to fish. he-he

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-11-2012, 12:17 AM
It's never to hot have lots of water , Gatorade to keep your electrolytes up , a hat , sun screen and GIT R DONE ...

ishootbambi
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
too hot to fish?.......sounds like a bad country song.....

curtis_rak
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Fished at Wabamun on Monday and it was 32degs and the pike were biting really well....
I fished them just a bit deeper than usual, but the 78deg surface temp didnt seem to phase them.

jackrabbit000
07-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Absolutely, way to hot, everybody should stay home in the air conditioned environment. Way to hot to fish. he-he

That's what we're going to do. My son and I were going to go to Moose Lake this week but yeah, it's too hot for us. Guess we're just spoiled. :)

quiteeye
07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
That's what we're going to do. My son and I were going to go to Moose Lake this week but yeah, it's too hot for us. Guess we're just spoiled. :)

We sound like a bunch of farmers.. Ugh well it's raining, ugh well it's to hot, ughs it's to cold lol **** eh

wwbirds
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Arrived at a lake at noon in July several years ago with my son and set up camp. Was 32 degrees when we finished and he wanted to go out on lake and fish. I told him it was too hot to fish trout but he insisted there was nothing else better to do. Hour and half later we returned to camp with 3 2-3 pound rainbows and had released many small ones:sHa_shakeshout: