PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING Night at Wabamun pt. 2

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
PICS WILL BE COMING WHEN I GET HOME.

BY THE WAY, ALL YOU CRITICS: I bought a scale, weighed the fish. 16.9 lbs.

Dad and me are working in building a new deck, after he realizes we need to order Duradek, he says let's hit wabamun. So we pick up our new fisherman from work, has never seen a pike over 4lbs.

We arrived at about 5, fished Indian point until 7:30 pm, then I switched to my weapon.
Trolling along India point with bottom bouncers all night, proved to be nothing but continuous 2 lber jacks.

So after 3 hours of fun competitive fishing, I cast out, and immediately I hit him.

Knew he was big as soon as he hit because he didn't move, just boom. So after a 5 minute fight, he surfaces after countless runs. He shows himself at the surface, our busy from work was bolting to the front of the boat for the net, soon as we land him in the net we realized his true size.

Weighed him INSTANTLY to prove all you fish warriors/experts wrong.

A whopping 16.9 pounds. Up there at the best weighed fish of my life.

Let all the hate posts come in. :)

Xiph0id
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
No pics = Fish tale!

BeeGuy
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Well done!

Did you calibrate your new scale?

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM
No pics = Fish tale!

On my iPhone can't upload yet.

When I get home I'll show y'all, :sHa_shakeshout:

jackrabbit000
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
How come you always get the big ones? :)

Geezle
Well done!

Did you calibrate your new scale?

Throw the kid a freakin' bone man! :lol:

jackrabbit000
How come you always get the big ones? Congrats one the 16.9 :)

quiteeye
07-10-2012, 10:56 PM
PICS WILL BE COMING WHEN I GET HOME.

A whopping 16.9 pounds. Up there at the best weighed fish of my life.

Let all the hate posts come in. :)

Is that 16 lbs 15 oz or 16 lbs 9 oz?? It's weird for a scale to show point whatever unless it's set as kg's?? Good work regardless :-D

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Is that 16 lbs 15 oz or 16 lbs 9 oz?? It's weird for a scale to show point whatever unless it's set as kg's?? Good work regardless :-D

16lbs 9 ounces, used to metric. Sorry!

She got tangled in the net something fierce, so I didnt get any length pictures, but by goly was she thick!

Here's Chris' 6lber!

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s429/Graffer31/IMG_0300.jpg

Also my big girl :D :sHa_shakeshout:

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s429/Graffer31/IMG_0303.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s429/Graffer31/IMG_0302.jpg

Lefty-Canuck
07-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Nice solid fish!

Don't worry about the haters here.....they are still gonna hate :)

In the end you know the quality and size of the fish you catch and that all that matters.

LC

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Graffy that's a nice fish man , of course there's always going to be the all knowing and jackarses that will pipe up and have something to say , purely because there lives are to dull they have to come to the Internet to be tough .

Keep up the fine work , I'm thinking a trip to Wabamun in my near future is a must tossing them 10 inch swimbaits , just waiting for parts so I can get my boat trailer fixed . Hope to see you out there .

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Graffy that's a nice fish man , of course there's always going to be the all knowing and jackarses that will pipe up and have something to say , purely because there lives are to dull they have to come to the Internet to be tough .

Keep up the fine work , I'm thinking a trip to Wabamun in my near future is a must tossing them 10 inch swimbaits , just waiting for parts so I can get my boat trailer fixed . Hope to see you out there .

If your ever looking for a extra man to take along man... ;)

I remember meeting you on the river with Geezle!

07-10-2012, 11:22 PM
If your ever looking for a extra man to take along man... ;)

I remember meeting you on the river with Geezle!

And I remember you with geezle , will do . I usually have a boat full. Do you drive ?

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
And I remember you with geezle , will do . I usually have a boat full. Do you drive ?

Do not have my own vehicle sadly. :(

If you ever do have room though, That would be epic!

BeeGuy
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Nice gator. That thing looks mean!

Geezle
07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Nice work man! :sHa_shakeshout:

Stally77
07-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Nice work.That fish seems to fit its weight! Awesome!

07-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Do not have my own vehicle sadly. :(

If you ever do have room though, That would be epic!

I'll let you know all though I'm not in the city I'm sure I can get a buddy or Jay to meet up and your welcome in my boat have to figure something out , what side of the lake have you been fishing , I always like deep and west side .

Graffy91
07-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll let you know all though I'm not in the city I'm sure I can get a buddy or Jay to meet up and your welcome in my boat have to figure something out , what side of the lake have you been fishing , I always like deep and west side .

Right across fro the public boat launch, the nickname for it is Indian point, right where the reeds are.

Also I live right out on the way to wabamun too, south west side of the city, right off the henday and if we ever went I'd be more than happy to offer gas/supplies payment.

07-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Right across fro the public boat launch, the nickname for it is Indian point, right where the reeds are.

Also I live right out on the way to wabamun too, south west side of the city, right off the henday and if we ever went I'd be more than happy to offer gas/supplies payment.

No worrys there bud I don't ask for anything out of kids except to have fun .

Graffy91
07-11-2012, 01:02 AM
No worrys there bud I don't ask for anything out of kids except to have fun .

Still gonna pay you or Jay!

JohninAB
07-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Congrats on a dandy pike. Like how you have your priorities right, fishing or coyote hunting!

waterninja
07-11-2012, 04:10 AM
congrats on that monster. loved the red hue near the tail. i don't get why your so paranoid about people hating you. must be from before i joined. if i was going to razz you it would be about the habs hat. they stink. lol

Graffy91
07-11-2012, 06:44 AM
congrats on that monster. loved the red hue near the tail. i don't get why your so paranoid about people hating you. must be from before i joined. if i was going to razz you it would be about the habs hat. they stink. lol

Heh she was a dandy alright.

Was definitely an old one from the darkness and beautiful color on her.

Also, hey at least the Habs aren't as bad as the oilers! :P

Alberta Bigbore
07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
congrats on some Nice fish

cube
07-11-2012, 08:59 AM

The digital scale I recently purchased, after being recommended by the Fishinggeeks, does indeed give pound weights in tenths of pounds and not oz's.

JohninAB
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Good lord, you have renewed my faith in the youth of the world, fishing, coyote hunting and a Habs fan. How did I miss the Habs hat?

Geezle
07-11-2012, 09:16 AM
The digital scale I recently purchased, after being recommended by the Fishinggeeks, does indeed give pound weights in tenths of pounds and not oz's.

Which scale do you use? I use a Berkley and it reads in pounds and ounces, or can be switched over to metric.

cube
07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Which scale do you use? I use a Berkley and it reads in pounds and ounces, or can be switched over to metric.

The scale I use now is the Chatillon® CCR Series Digital Hanging Scale (it actually reads in Hundreths of pounds not oz's when in pound mode). I purchased the last of the old stock from the only Canadian supplier before the big price jump. It was the huge price jump that made me take the plunge as there was no way I could afford the new stock price. You might be able to get them from the States cheaper now though. Certainly the non digital spring ones are much less expensive (they also have a smaller temperature window as well though).

The problem with most of the scales you find at fishing stores is not only the problem of accuracy but also precision. ie. if you weight something 5 times with them you get 5 different weights while this does not happen with a precise scale. I did have an expensive Berkley scale last year before a big pike decided to send it to the bottom of the lake so I have some experience with them as well.

Just my opinion here but there are more things than weight and length when it comes to fish. I caught a lot or large fish last year but my BEST fish was only and 8.5 pounder. It took me around the boat 7 TIMES tying to bust me off on the motors and making runs under the boat . So while it was not the largest it sure game me one hell of a fight and a great memory.

Have great season

Graffy91
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Good lord, you have renewed my faith in the youth of the world, fishing, coyote hunting and a Habs fan. How did I miss the Habs hat?

:D oh yeah.

Richmuiz
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
The net did a good number on that fish cradles nets are good for pike and you can mesure them at the same time nice fish good luck on your next trip out

Zuludog
07-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Just my opinion here but there are more things than weight and length when it comes to fish. I caught a lot or large fish last year but my BEST fish was only and 8.5 pounder. It took me around the boat 7 TIMES tying to bust me off on the motors and making runs under the boat . So while it was not the largest it sure game me one hell of a fight and a great memory.

Have great season

^^^ That is true. I've caught and guided lots of times where the 15lb lakers have way more fight than 20 - 22 lb lakers, the fisherman swears its "a monster" but then is disappointed it is "only" 15 - 17 lbs. lol A good fish is a good fish. It may be due to its size, it may have a neat colour, it may have been really scrappy or difficult to land. Too many times fisherman (and hunters) get caught up in the numbers game and forget to appreciate a fish, for any of a number of reasons.

Anyway I didn't read part one so I don't know what the drama about haters and non-believers is but it looks like a great fish to me. Sounds like you had a fun time landing her and a great time on the water. What more can you ask for? Congrats on that fish she's a beauty and you will remember catching her forever.