PDA

View Full Version : EPIC SALMON and HALIBUT fishing!

Serengeti Charters
07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Today showcased our great fishing once again, with limits of halibut, rockfish, lingcod, Chinook salmon, and Coho salmon being caught by both boats. Our halibut were all over 70lbs (70, 75, 85, 114, 127). Fishing that is really unmatched on the coast. While these are all bigger fish, we did let the guests know about the fact they are females, and they were each leaving with one smaller halibut as well (one over, one under rule), so this made sure they have plenty of halibut in their freezer for the long winter. They all booked for next year already, and our July is getting very crowded for 2013 so give us a shout asap.

After bottomfishing we went for salmon and it was non stop action, had 3 double headers and ended up with a limit of Chinook for both boats between 16-28lbs in only 2 hours. Coho limits as well, these Coho are exceptionally large for this early in the year, and this makes me wonder what our late August Coho will look like. It's exciting. Last week or so has been unreal fishing as well, were limited out on Chinook and halibut and Lingcod for a couple and back at dock by 11am allowing them to hit the road back to Alberta a lil earlier than expected :)

Give us a shout as we have one cancellation date still open for mid August. And while we've had several AO members book for 2013 already, give us a shout asap for those dates as well. Here are the pics: Keep in mind we didn't have room for all the Coho (12) and 8 more Rockfish as well ;) :lol: You know its good fishing when....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z27/canucksfanatic44/Fishing%202012/BeginningofJulyFishing006.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z27/canucksfanatic44/Fishing%202012/BeginningofJulyFishing011.jpg

SNAPFisher
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I like what I'm hearing, except the forecast:

Saturday
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots increasing to northwest 30 to 40 late in the day.

Sunday
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots.

Sounds like the only thing we may catch is either a cold or sea sickness. Any comments on this level of wind for that area? In my experience, this is bad for anywhere.

Dagnabbit!!

Alberta Bigbore
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
holy potatoes! That's some serious fishing.

Trout Enemy #1
07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Serengeti you guys are all business unbelievable as it is non stop day in day out I so much wish I was still there

Tanner looking good my man. Nice shades

Cheers David

Serengeti Charters
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Dave, get back here asap, miss you on the boat buddy! Looking forward to the episodes though :D. Especially you on tv in the doubleheader :lol: The weathers now forecasted to be 20-30knots snap, still rough but we will still be able to get out after salmon and some smaller sized hali, the snap and ling may be a bit harder though, we'll see if the weather man is right or not though.

David