PDA

View Full Version : Gap lake

kchuk
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Just wondering if anybody has fished this lake this summer and if you could access it with a rhino or if its foot access only cause of muskeg conditions?

Bigwoodsman
07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Haven't been in there for years, but there was a trail along the west side of the big muskeg that if I remember right kept to the higher ground which took you to the lake with minimal muskeg travel required. Ran through the bush right from the parking area. Cross the first creek and look around you should find it easily.

BW

tight line
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I know my buddies went last june pulling pontoon boats on a trailer with quads and got planted... Ended up making it in and didnt catch. Ive been there before in the summer and never caught either, there is tanks in there! Always do good ice fishing!!!

fishman
07-11-2012, 01:17 PM
the brookies are reproducing in the lake and it hasnt been stocked for years so not sure how many fish are in the lake as the ice fishermen take there share.............now we are back to the arguement about how easy the brookies are to catch after the ice goes on and maybe they should close the lake for dec and jan which would help it for sure

tight line
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Well... Ive kept a few big guys outa there, but when you see guys drilling holes all around the lake and then drive around on a quad checking them...not good to see... Im sure he only kept 2 though...:(