PDA

View Full Version : Going to Queen Charlottes next week..

Kootenaylakegreg
07-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Anyone been lately or going soon to QCI ? Hows the fishin' ??
Will be on Prince Rupert ferry on the 20th. Not taking my big boat though, just my kayaks and inflatable with outboard. Anyone wanna join together for some fishin on the north end ? Will be camped at hidden island resort.
Plan on going after some hali's and try to do some crabbing in the surf if I'm not to late. Wife is going to, so would hook up with couples too !!!
Kootenay Lake is too high right now, we have reached a 40 year high !!
Also taking a quad for beachcombing and crabbing.

Rigg dogg
07-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Hey
If you are staying at Hidden Island I am sure you will have a GREAT time!!!
Brian and Deb are some of the NICEST people you could ever meet
I have been up there several times over the years, always stopped in and paid them a visit. GOOD times.
They have the BEST Hali and chips in the WORLD!!! If you are REAL NICE to Deb she might give you her batter recipie.
Grab some waders and head out to the North beach, you will be in Prime time for netting the Crab, they will be inshore doing the DEED. Make sure to let the Girls go as it is Law. Dont worry you will catch LOTS!!.

Tell Brian, Randy & Matt say Hello.
Wont be out there this year, 1 st time in 6 yrs I cant make it.
Happy fishing

Scott h
07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
We are flying out in the morning so as per our ritual it's over to Hidden Island for fish and chips and a couple of beers. The fishings been on fire and the crabbings been good also . Looks like you timed it well.