PDA

View Full Version : Lac des Iles

JJay61
07-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Going fishing there tomorrow, looking for perch and walleye and have never sunk a hook it there so any help would be great. As will are there any hidden sand bars or rocks that a guy has to watch out for??

crosbyfan123
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope your not talkin about lake isle cause there is no fish in there and blue green algae.

JJay61
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
No Lac Des Iles in the Meadow Lake Provincial Park by Pierceland

trigger7mm
07-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I've fished Lac Des Isles a few times, summer and winter. It's a beautiful lake. Ranger Bay is a good spot for big perch and pike (there's some jumbo perch if you can find them). If you're staying at Big Island Cove, check out the south side of the island for walleye. We do well with lindy rigs and dew worms slow trolled or drifted. The far shore past the island is good too, look for rocky shorelines and fish the 15-20 foot depths. Good luck, let us know how you did.

JJay61
07-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the update, we are headed there in the morning and coming back on Saturday afternoon so I should have an update by the evening

Graffy91
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I've fished Lac Des Isles a few times, summer and winter. It's a beautiful lake. Ranger Bay is a good spot for big perch and pike (there's some jumbo perch if you can find them). If you're staying at Big Island Cove, check out the south side of the island for walleye. We do well with lindy rigs and dew worms slow trolled or drifted. The far shore past the island is good too, look for rocky shorelines and fish the 15-20 foot depths. Good luck, let us know how you did.

Second this guy. Went there 4 years ago with my dad.

One of my favorite lakes in Saskatchewan is Canoe lake.

Gunnar 17
07-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I am sitting beside a fire at the Northern Cross resort on Lac Des Isle right now. Been here since last Friday. We (2 families in 2 boats) fished this lake 3 days. Managed to catch 2 perch the size of a golf ball, about a dozen 1lb pike and 1 walleye. Needless to say the bite isn't on here right now. Hope you have better luck than we did!

There were a few guys catching a couple walleye on the south east side of the big island. That would probably be your best bet. Bottom bouncing. Only rocks that were were told of are on the north east side of that island.

Cheers.

JJay61
07-14-2012, 09:49 AM
It has been slow, caught 1 perch lots of jack. We have covered the whole lake with no walleye to be seen. We have about 2 more hours of fishing left before we pull out so if it gets better I will let know where or if we find them

JJay61
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
We are off the water and home now. Fishing was slow but still good. Pelican point produced the most fish, lots of 70-80cm jack and 1 walleye. I tried jigging still fishing, slip bobbering and trolling. Trolling was hands down the way to go with a bottom bouncer or lindy rig at about 1-1.6mph. We literally tried fishing the whole lake and caught small Jack everywhere but it seemed like pelican point was where we should have been the whole time. Good luck to all who go and if you find where the walleye and perch are biting please let me know. I would like to head out walleye fishing on Cold lake and if anyone has a spot on there that is hot right now please PM me

hiddenwalleye
07-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Never stay at this place, the campsite is small and not appealing, and most of all the guy who runs it, Gillespie, is a complete and utter A-HOLE.!!!....This guy is the biggest JERK on the Planet!!

My 2 cents!!

Tight Lines

HW

:acigar:

Teamprotz
07-15-2012, 12:58 AM
The DOCK NAZI !!! Dislike that guy , caught crap for almost everything I did while I was there last and this year. Caught walleye 300 yards from the dock to the left. The 12 we caught were 2 to 4.5 pounds, all on one day because of bad weather. The cabins at Big Island are quite nice and reasonably priced , yes the campsites are small and if you pull your boat up to a cabin you need to back all the way out , no place to turn around. And NO ICE CREAM , what kind of a place has no ice cream !! We booked again for next July 6-11. No bears yet this year either. I 've fished the lake twice and caught eyes just up towards the point to the left from camp both times. Got some in Ranger bay too last year. Lots of water out there.

coorslightspoon
07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
My brother and I went there a few years ago . We went for a week and fished every day it was awesome . I cought the only walleye but he cought a huge jack and returned it back to the lake . We cought fish every day ! Have a good one !:sHa_shakeshout: