PDA

View Full Version : Going to QCI. Whats decent portable fishfinder ??

Kootenaylakegreg
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Hey All. Just in case anyone is wondering about the Kootenay Lake name. Its where I now live, but my roots are in Claresholm and Lethbridge. Now that we got that settled, I am off to the Queen charlottes next week, and need a portable fishifinder for my kayak and inflatable. Was looking at the ones at Wal Mart And canadian tire today...any reccomendations or bad ones to stay away from ? On a budget !!!!
Would be happy to hook up with anyone who wants to fish. there from July 20th to ???. Staying at campground near Masset.
Hope to run into couple of AOF members already.... Also never done Hali's before, so wondering about my tackle for smaller hali's ???

fishmonger
07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Did you get my PM?

Scott h
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm in the coffee shop in Masset right now and I can tell you the fishing has been great for the three weeks I've been here. I was out on the beach a couple of days ago and chatted with a couple guys that were fishing out of a 10 foot inflatable. They had done well on smaller halibut . Numerous other tin boats in the 14 ft range being put out from the same beach , a few kayaks also.