PDA

View Full Version : Marcum LX-9 Sonar/Camera

huntsfurfish
07-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Marcum LX-9 Sonar/Camera. Due out Nov 2012. Overlay sonar on color picture. Looks pretty good.

chubbydarter - looks like a good one for ice anglers:)

New Hunter Okotoks
07-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Hmmmmm. Might have to check that one out.

Alberta Bigbore
07-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Wonder what the opening price will be.

Geezle
07-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Wonder what the opening price will be.

Left femur...

JohnnyD
07-15-2012, 10:16 AM
From what I have read online its going to be around $1300. They are also going to provide an LX-7 up grade to give you all the same features as the LX-9. I think it will be great to have all these features on one unit, but for me, I'm waiting for the one with the GPS built in.

Alberta Bigbore
07-15-2012, 10:36 AM
From what I have read online its going to be around $1300. They are also going to provide an LX-7 up grade to give you all the same features as the LX-9. I think it will be great to have all these features on one unit, but for me, I'm waiting for the one with the GPS built in.

lol@gps... That will be next years model after everyone forked out the cash for the lx9.

Still liking the humminbird ice55.......but I am was tempted to buy a lx7 for this year, but now may wait for this lx9 so I can see the demo. Maybe YouTube has something

Hellraiser
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
LOL, I am still using my VX-1. Been 6 years and still running strong. AND I'm still catching fish with it. I was seriously considering upgrading to an LX7 last year, that is until a buddy of mine bought one. I was not impressed with the overall size/weight of the unit and I didn't like that you cannot close the case with the screen protector on. It's pretty cool to view the 2 different graphs. And the open water mode looks promising, although haven't had a chance to see it in action yet. BUT, ultimately, I decided that even with the LCD screen and few extra features.....it does the exact same job that my VX1 does. Therefore I see no need to upgrade, just to keep up with the Jones's......until mine craps out!

Mudslide
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Dang I got my LX7 a little late in the season last year and didn't have a chance to give it a really hard workout. I'm a little disappointed in the veiwability in direct sunlight. My Lowrance HDS seems to be much much better in the sun. I like the idea of the all in one but the camera and cord are going to be a bulky addition if you are running and gunning. Mapping GPS was planned for the unit last year but it fell through when Humminbird acquired Lakemaster. I don't know if I'll get the upgrade because I already have both the LX7 and Marcum's VS825SD, but the image overlay does look impressive. One big drawback will be that the camera will show up and block some of the sonar screen unless you place it farther away or use it in down-view mode.