PDA

View Full Version : Brooks?

SWODM3
07-15-2012, 01:38 AM
So work is sending me out near Brooks for a week or two. Any tips on where I can get into some fish out in that area? I have never really fished around there. The closer the better as I tend to work long shifts.

Thanks in advance!

pikergolf
07-15-2012, 01:47 AM
What kind of fish are you interested in? boat? I'll assume no boat, if you fly fish Lake Newell is good for whites off the dams. North head gates would be my pick. Pike will be a little tougher without a boat, Off the dams will put you in deep water. There are numerous irrigation lakes in the area but with this heat I think I'd stick with Newell. It's also close to Brooks.

hunted
07-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Will need more info. There is a ton of fishing. 2 rivers, 7 reservoirs, 2 trout ponds..... Bring bug spray!

Alberta_bassman
07-15-2012, 03:56 PM
i fish evey day here shore is good just find a good spot lots of pike at the kinbrook island or try rollin hills res drive to kinbrook dont turn at kinbrook keep on the dirt road cat miss it 10km down the dirt road ... i been takin the lil can tire ding slammin them ..

pikergolf
07-15-2012, 04:06 PM
i fish evey day here shore is good just find a good spot lots of pike at the kinbrook island or try rollin hills res drive to kinbrook dont turn at kinbrook keep on the dirt road cat miss it 10km down the dirt road ... i been takin the lil can tire ding slammin them ..

When I used to fish pike, Rolling Hills was a favorite along with Newell, completely forgot about it. Water is always so clear in that lake, loved it.

climid
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Newell, right off the boat launch