PDA

View Full Version : Crowsnest

sundra
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Fished the Crow last week, it was still quite high but running pretty clear. Weather was smokin hot , in the 30s.. Was not till dust when a few fish were rising, there was a dark larger caddis about, but it was the salmonfly that brought up the bigger fish. Some from the shallows others along the riffle edges. Not a lot of fish caught but some good ones.
ws

kissarmygeneral
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the update.

Fowl Life
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Love to go fishing these places that i hear and read about, but as I am just starting to get the hang of fly fishing (only been dedicated fly guy for 2 years) and not a 5 or 10 year vet i feel as if it would be an unsuccessful trip, and waste of gas other then scenery to go all that way not know what to do correctly to stalk and catch these monsters.

npauls
07-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Love to go fishing these places that i hear and read about, but as I am just starting to get the hang of fly fishing (only been dedicated fly guy for 2 years) and not a 5 or 10 year vet i feel as if it would be an unsuccessful trip, and waste of gas other then scenery to go all that way not know what to do correctly to stalk and catch these monsters.

Where are you from?

The only way to get better and figure it out is to challenge yourself and get out to the spots that you want to fish.

I have had weeks where I haven't hooked a fish when I first started fly fishing. You just have to stick with it, keep learning, and always push yourself.

cmdalexander
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM

No such thing as a waste of gas and fly fishing : )!

If you spend enough time exploring, watching hatches and most importantly, trying to catch them, you will hook up with some monster's.

There is no shortage of fish in Alberta over 24", weather you are in Pincher Creek or Rocky Mountain House.