PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage

JohninAB
04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Well headed to Wabby yesterday to take the boat out for its maiden voyage. Nice day on the lake with only 2 other boats out there when i was there. Today I went back. Even nicer out but had the Jet Ski racing bunch out there and a pile more boats. Went for a spin around the point in the boat and lo and behold here is a guy fishing. So I putted over to him and told him the lake was closed. Guy was most grateful and immediately quit fishing. He was out trying his new boat as well, a beautiful Lund Tyee.

Toured around a bit more, happy with the way the boat ran and performed. Now only have to wait for fishing season to start and I am good to go.

packhuntr
04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Im looking foreward to getting my "new to me" boat out as well. Bought a 16 foot 1988 Lund Tyee Deep V. 90 horse yamaha 2 stroke, new 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker, and all the bells and whistles to go!!! Its that old Lund red, but what the hay, its a pretty red:scared: ...especially the interior!! Wind is blowing like mad down here right now, and 25 degrees C, alot of the sloughs around Brooks are open, but the bigger bodies of water are holding still. I dont think its gonna last for long now though.

keep a strain on er.

Mayhem
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey John, got any pics of the new boat?

My new Lund won't be in until early may, can't wait to get out on the water and break in the Merc.

catnthehat
04-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Still waiting for thr river to break here, then about a week till we can get
"Double Time" out for a spin upriver to the Outpost of the Empire....:D
Cat

BigIrv
04-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Where did you guys launch? Is there any ice left on any parts of the lake?

Dark
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
What boat were you in, I was there Sat. with my new to me boat a white 22 ft cuddy cabin, aluminum hall. By the way lots of open water if some one wants a test drive

Special Blend
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Where are you referring to when you say Wabby?? I too bought a new boat this spring and would love to test it out before I take it to BC for some fishing in a few weeks.

Dakota369
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
He is talking about Wabamun lake just west of Edm about 40 min on hwy 16. You should be able to launch now in the town of Wabamun I would guess that is where he launched.

JohninAB
04-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Dark,

I was in the black and silver single console Crestliner. Remember your boat.

Was a lot busier on Sunday but a bit nicer on the lake.

Yes I mean Wabamun and you can launch at the town launch. Lots of area to tool around in but still ice on part of the lake.

Waxy
04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow, you guys are hard core!

Waxy

Special Blend
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I had a feeling you meant Wabamun but I wasn't certain. I just didn't think the ice would be off already. I haven't been around Edmonton for a while and just moved up last year so I don't really no about the lakes a whole lot. I have a feeling the wife and I will be doing the same next week and just test out the new boat before we haul it out to BC for a weeks.
Thanks for sharing.

JohninAB
04-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Reason the ice is off at the Wabamun townsite is because of the warm water discharge from the power generating plant there. If not for that, she would still be frozen like a brick.

Dark
04-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Ya that was my first test drive of my boat, bought it out of BC without a test drive. Seems a bit sluggish compared to my 18 ft but I still managed 35 mph. Now that I,m getting older I figured I would get one that I can sleep on, no more campsite hassels around here. I also plan on cruising the west coast perhaps Bella Coola and the QCI. I have done the west coast and the QCI in my 18 fter but you spend alot of time and gas driving back and forth to your campsite. I don't no about the complete aluminum canopy on my boat might be a hassel but it is made to store a zodiac on the roof. She sleeps 4 people ,my only issue I have to overcome is there is no crapper. porta potti I guess. Hope you enjoy your new toy I know I'm going to enjoy mine.

-JR-
04-14-2008, 04:55 PM
They should make that lake open for all year since it is a catch and release Lake