PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley update needed

TheKi
07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Going out that way this weekend and im wondering if anyone has been to the north end lately. ill probably just use a red and white size #2 len tompson spoon or a yellow jig like always unless someone has some better information as to whats working

Also i was looking at the regs online for crawling and i saw no information regarding bait use, so can i use it or not?

ArtVandelay
07-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Last time I was there is was hot and calm and we were able to see the tops of the weeds. We had a lot of luck casting to the edges. Various things worked but I had fun with the slip bobber with a jig and a smelt. Bait is allowed and I often have success with leeches for Walleye. This was just off the Northermost shoreline.

Good luck - I'll be there on Sunday.

Going out that way this weekend and im wondering if anyone has been to the north end lately. ill probably just use a red and white size #2 len tompson spoon or a yellow jig like always unless someone has some better information as to whats working

Also i was looking at the regs online for crawling and i saw no information regarding bait use, so can i use it or not?

MoFugger21
07-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Generally speaking, if there is a bait ban in place for a particular body of water, the regulations will specifically indicate it.

For example:
Graburn Creek (8-1-W4) & tributaries
June 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 0; Bait Ban.
Apr. 1 to May 31 – CLOSED

Livingstone River & tributaries
June 16 to Oct. 31 – Trout and Mountain Whitefish limit 0; Bait Ban.
Nov. 1 to June 15 – CLOSED

If there is no "Bait Ban" indicated for the specific body of water, it is legal to use bait.

Crawling Valley Reservoir, including the Crawling Valley Inlet Canal downstream of the canal headworks (Little Dam) (3-21-18- W4) – Walleye limit 0; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10.
May 8 to Nov. 30 – Open only between sunrise and sunset each day.
Dec. 1 to Mar. 15 – Open 24 hrs. a day.
Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED

^ No "Bait Ban" indicated within the regs, so you're good to go.

ArtVandelay
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Yep, it's under the Province Wide Regulations:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/jayvee42/ScreenShot2012-07-19at114733PM.png

TheKi
07-20-2012, 10:59 AM
ok thank you i just wasn't sure

TROLLER
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I fished CV Wednesday, while it was a bit windy the fish were biting spotty but still all in all a good morning.

Fished in 18FOW on the north east end caught several walleye nothing to write home about and 3 good size pike that would have been keepers.

All caught with a jig and minnow except the pike were caught on a lindy with crawlers.

good luck