PDA

View Full Version : Favorite jig colors for walleye?

Cal
07-19-2012, 09:44 PM
As far as walleye jigs go I've always been a fairly traditional guy, somewhere in the depths of my tacklebox I have some bags containing other colors but for the most part I stick to black, white, and yellow. The jig section of my tackle trays have room for a few other colors but I just havnt found anything that produces as well with enough regularity to deserve a spot. So any suggestions, what colors would you guys add?

Alberta Bigbore
07-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Blaze Orange, Hot Pink, Glow, Yellow, Chartreuse.

Also depends on the water body I'm Fishing and the water clarity. Some waters it doesn't matter what color, lol.

Bundo1980
07-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Im a yellow/orange guy, always my go to when things get slow but. black with a white twister tail proved deadly early in the year....

JohnnyD
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Id have to say the rainbow colour jigs from the bulk bins at fnh are my favorite. I tend to have more of them in my box than any other colour.

Mxyzptik
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I have been using pink a lot.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Pink , chartreuse , yellow , orange .

tacklerunner
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
pink & chartreuse

DaveFish
07-20-2012, 01:07 AM
pink & chartreuse

X2

pikergolf
07-20-2012, 01:30 AM
If i didn't have a life time supply I wouldn't give this up, purple and motor oil. If you can't catch ole google eyes with them then you should get off the lake. Best in low light. all my other jigs are stuck to the plastic bag they came in. If they're not bitting on these, you need to go to cranks or girl bait (live).

MoFugger21
07-20-2012, 01:45 AM
I've always had decent luck with green or a red/orange combo color. But apparently I need to start trying out...

Blaze Orange, Hot Pink, Glow, Yellow, Chartreuse.

Also depends on the water body I'm Fishing and the water clarity. Some waters it doesn't matter what color, lol.

I have been using pink a lot.

Pink , chartreuse , yellow , orange .

pink & chartreuse

Cal
07-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Just wondering if you guys find that chartruse is a color that will outproduce yellow or are the two more or less interchangable? My findings when I experiment with colors have been that while many of them work well they often dont out produce the three main ones I listed. For example brown has caught me plenty of walleye, but most days that a brown jig is producing a black jig will also get me the same results. Even between white and yellow its hard to pick a clear winner on lots of days.

riderprider
07-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Fire Tiger.

JimmerAB
07-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Have had a place on Pigeon Lake for 13 years, and my go to jighead colours over the years here have been gold and chrome.

Jim

pickrel pat
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
If I could have only 1 hook to fish with for the rest of my life, it would be a white jig.

Jamie Black R/T
07-20-2012, 02:15 PM
If I could have only 1 hook to fish with for the rest of my life, it would be a white jig.

i was just going to type this.

i have every single color already posted and a bunch of multi color patterns....100% of the time im jig fishing its painted white....the rest just keep the tackle boxed weighed down so i dont knock it over with a slight bump.

if it wasnt for pike id probably never change jigs at all LOL

Cal
07-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Yeah white is deffinatly my top producer, usualy with an orange jig head. If they arent biting white they will hit black, the yellow is just there so I dont defy tradition and **** off the fish gods but once in awhile theres a day when the fish seem want a yellow tail.

Purple, orange, brown, fire tiger,a few different Storm Wildeye patterns, these colors all live in the bottom of my box. My wife uses them more than I do and often they catch but rarely better than the "big three".

model12
07-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Last night in our boat, white jigs outfished the pink by a 5 to 1 ratio.

Guitarplayingfish
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
pink & chartreuse

... Yup.

Guitarplayingfish
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Last night in our boat, white jigs outfished the pink by a 5 to 1 ratio.

You got lucky... admit it :p