PDA

View Full Version : North Raven River conditions and a couple questions

Mr.goldeye
07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I was thinking of heading to stauffer for tomorrow but wanted to know a few things about it first as I've never been before. I e heard it can be a very frustrating creek to fish but I'm up to the challange. Is it running clear right now? Also what is the distribution of browns and Brookies like? I'm guessing more browns in the lower reaches and more Brookies in the upper reaches? Just wondering because I would love to have a shot at both species. Any advice on this creek or the nearby raven river would be great.

fishman
07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
I was thinking of heading to stauffer for tomorrow but wanted to know a few things about it first as I've never been before. I e heard it can be a very frustrating creek to fish but I'm up to the challange. Is it running clear right now? Also what is the distribution of browns and Brookies like? I'm guessing more browns in the lower reaches and more Brookies in the upper reaches? Just wondering because I would love to have a shot at both species. Any advice on this creek or the nearby raven river would be great.

The info you want if quite the mouthfull as you will get mixed answers.

The bridge staright west of the old store is the area were u will find the most brookies they are mixed with the browns as far as ratio not sure, there is still more browns......downstream buck for wildlife bridge mostly all browns and bridge straight south of old store is all browns............it will be crystal clear water quality as long as no wacko strom comes throguh now and then.......hatchs most likely brown drakes,sallys,golden stones and caddis flys

MK2750
07-20-2012, 03:26 PM
There is no really good advice for this river. If you hit the right place at the right time you may get lucky. If your cast is perfect and the hatch is matched. It takes a lot of trips to learn this river but no one spot is better than another.

I am handy so it doesn't bother me to get skunked. If I hit a hatch and land a couple it is a bonus not expected. It was fishing good a couple weeks ago but it is slower now. That could change any day or any time of day.

If the forcast is clear and sunny you might better spend your time elsewhere as the fish will be spooky.

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b406/furnacefella/photo.jpg

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Great looking Brown MK!!