PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around conklin

Rigby
07-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Does anybody know of some really good fishing around conklin? Looks like I will be up here working for awhile. We have been fishing the Christina river a little bit here just behind camp but we have only caught a few small walleye. As of right now I don't have access to a boat but maybe soon! Any pointers on how go catch some grayling out of the jackfish river. Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pophouseman
07-21-2012, 08:38 AM
P.M sent

fishermansfriend
07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
go to christina lake lodge you can fish there and rent boats they're good ppl there. you can fish from shore under the small bridge and on both sides i watched a guy catch a 14lbs pike there

waterninja
07-21-2012, 02:43 PM
good luck in finding those lakes by conklin that you need a 4x4 to get to. heard the perch fishing is awesome once you get there. keep us posted.

kmic
07-21-2012, 04:04 PM
did a fair amount of grayling fishing up there years ago when I was working forestry. If I remember right a march brown or elk hair caddis was all you needed. Flies seemed to outperform panther martins and other spinners.
Have fun!

Rigby
07-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Need a little fishin at nights to keep me going at nights. If we catch anything of size I will forsure post!!

tight line
07-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Been up here working as well, catching lots of5-8 pound pike out of christina , no wallys... Just chuckin jigs and spoons though. Also been to kirby with similar results, seen some tanks, but turned away, put a floating frog on and got a couple decent guys! lots of small- medium perch, kinda sketchy road into it, been fishing in my pontoon boat!