PDA

View Full Version : Serious question here, can you fish in the river with 2 rods?!?!?

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Guys down here at whitemud creek, fishing with 2 rods.

Is it legal, or should I confront him about it.

thorne
07-21-2012, 06:52 PM
no its not, unless they are part of teh sturgeon tagging program in which case they should have an orange flag planted beside them indicating they are part of the program. If not, RAP it is.

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2012, 06:59 PM
If he has a bright orange flag out that is visible....it is ok.....sturgeon program like was mentioned above.....if not go make a call :)

LC

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 07:04 PM
If he has a bright orange flag out that is visible....it is ok.....sturgeon program like was mentioned above.....if not no make a call :)

LC

He's got nothing with him. Keeps getting snagged on my buddy too...

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Call the magic numer...1-800-642-3800 and get someone down there!

.....let us know how it goes, CO's have been known to carry fishing gear for guys who use the number effectively.....or you could get a reward.

Do it quietly though :)

LC

steve
07-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Less texting. More confronting.

Take your shirt off, get a 6' stick and go yell at him.

Teamprotz
07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Not too familiar with your regs either , eh.

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Not too familiar with your regs either , eh.

Lol? I know you cannot fish with 2 rods but I knew about the sturgeon program but didn't know you needed a flag...

Fil_Can_Yakker
07-21-2012, 07:18 PM

What are you waiting for? :argue2::argue2:

safcforever
07-21-2012, 07:20 PM
I might sound stupid here but I thought you could fish with 2 rods. I've fished the south saskatchwan a few times and seen plenty of people with 2 rods

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
What are you waiting for? :argue2::argue2:

Just called.

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I might sound stupid here but I thought you could fish with 2 rods. I've fished the south saskatchwan a few times and seen plenty of people with 2 rods

Nope....only ice fishing can you use 2 rods (used to be 3)..... OR if you are part of the Sturgeon program....OR if you don't read the regs and don't care what you do or who sees you....OR if you drive a beige mini-van and fish with the rest of your family at the same time....:)

LC

Teamprotz
07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Flag thing is new to me too. In Sask , its about $140 for the extra rod. A buddy and his friend each got one a few years back. No sense in a confrontation , if so inclined , make the call.

hal53
07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Flag thing is new to me too. In Sask , its about $140 for the extra rod. A buddy and his friend each got one a few years back. No sense in a confrontation , if so inclined , make the call.
Not too familiar with your regs either eh???:scared0018:

steve
07-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Just called.

Citizens arrest him right now. Tie him up with your stringer, face down in the mud.

ReconWilly
07-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Just called.

Good stuff, thanks for doing your part.:happy0034:

ReconWilly
07-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Citizens arrest him right now. Tie him up with your stringer, face down in the mud.

Leave that for BGSH.

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, just reported him. Soon as I got back to fishing he picked up his gear and ran to his car, got his license plate though! :D

Gave it to the CO and he's gonna press charges.

If the guy denies it I have to appear in court.

:) makes me feel good!

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice work! Did he realize you were calling on him? or did he just realize he was being a "grade A D-bag?" :)

LC

steve
07-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Guy probably read what happening on the forum.

Lefty-Canuck
07-21-2012, 07:45 PM

LOL.....could be :)

LC

Teamprotz
07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Not too familiar with your regs either eh???:scared0018:

Huh ? Wasn't me dude , I know better (than to get caught)! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

OneGirlWolfPack
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM

LOL!!! I keep visualizing both of them looking at their phones and eyeballing each other.

hal53
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Huh ? Wasn't me dude , I know better (than to get caught)! :sHa_sarcasticlol:
you gotta sit up taller in your chair, there's stuff here going over your head......

Teamprotz
07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Alrighty then.

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Alrighty then.

Was it you?

Teamprotz
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Still not sittin tall enough in my chair cause its still over my head ? Flag thing maybe , don' t know ! And no it wasn't me !

Cad-Tech
07-21-2012, 08:54 PM
guys down here at whitemud creek, fishing with 2 rods.

Is it legal, or should i confront him about it.

duh !!!

BigA
07-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Guys down here at whitemud creek, fishing with 2 rods.

Is it legal, or should I confront him about it.

Good for you on calling RAP on him. I was down there too. Big guy fly fishing in the main stretch of river. Kudos to you.

Not sure if it was you or your brother/friend that talked to me about it as well.

You guys were the ones who caught the burbot, right?

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Good for you on calling RAP on him. I was down there too. Big guy fly fishing in the main stretch of river. Kudos to you.

Not sure if it was you or your brother/friend that talked to me about it as well.

You guys were the ones who caught the burbot, right?

Yeah man I was the one in the capitals hoodie.

Did you see the guy too?

I told him straight up, he didn't even care. Kinda chapped me up, as people were trying to fish beside him and he didn't even move...

Did you catch anything? All we got was that burbot

BigA
07-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah man I was the one in the capitals hoodie.

Did you see the guy too?

I told him straight up, he didn't even care. Kinda chapped me up, as people were trying to fish beside him and he didn't even move...

Did you catch anything? All we got was that burbot

No I didn't see him. Didn't catch anything. Was trying for some goldeye, but no luck. Only fish I saw pulled out was the one that the guys on the other side of the creek caught. Not sure what it was though.

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
No I didn't see him. Didn't catch anything. Was trying for some goldeye, but no luck. Only fish I saw pulled out was the one that the guys on the other side of the creek caught. Not sure what it was though.

That my friend was a sucker. :P

BigA
07-21-2012, 11:07 PM
That my friend was a sucker. :P

Couldn't quite see it from where I was.

Thought that the fish would be more active tonight, and that more would be hooked. Guess it was just a slow nite.

You guys head out there often?

Graffy91
07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Couldn't quite see it from where I was.

Thought that the fish would be more active tonight, and that more would be hooked. Guess it was just a slow nite.

You guys head out there often?

Yeah I'm usually there 2 times a week, whether it's with t girlfriend or my friends.

Come pop by and say hi if us see me. :D I'm Matt btw

waterninja
07-22-2012, 05:09 AM
on thursday i confronted 2 different people using 2 rods. first guy was a nice fellow (first timer) from b.c. and when i explained the problem he stopped immediatly and after i personally applied my pliers to his barbed hooks he got the drift. i honestly think he got it.
second guy was a young punk with some buddies and when confronted he laughed and said that if c.o.s came down he'd simply say someone must have left that rod behind. believe me i was tempted to rap him but it was the end of my session so i simply smiled and put him down on my next time list. this was at herm. on the nsr.

duffy4
07-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Some time back there was a picture on this forum showing guys fishing two rods into the open water of Swan Lake (up near Grande Prairie) during the winter. As the rest of the lake was frozen they figured they were "ice-fishing" and could have two rods in. I talked to an enforcement officer about that situation and he said he figured if you have your line down a hole in the ice you can have two but if you cast a line out into open water you can only use one.

Kim473
07-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Some time back there was a picture on this forum showing guys fishing two rods into the open water of Swan Lake (up near Grande Prairie) during the winter. As the rest of the lake was frozen they figured they were "ice-fishing" and could have two rods in. I talked to an enforcement officer about that situation and he said he figured if you have your line down a hole in the ice you can have two but if you cast a line out into open water you can only use one.

Seems right to me.

But why do they make it so hard in the regs? Two on the ice and one on open water. Why would'nt they just make it one rod all year round? I only ever use one rod, winter or summer. Just like the slot sizes. Why not just make them over or under a certain size? Get rid of the between sizes. Seems that some of the regs are made to get people in trouble and grab some cash.

BigA
07-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah I'm usually there 2 times a week, whether it's with t girlfriend or my friends.

Come pop by and say hi if us see me. :D I'm Matt btw

I will say hi if I see you down there. I'm Aaron.

Geezle
07-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Seems right to me.

But why do they make it so hard in the regs? Two on the ice and one on open water. Why would'nt they just make it one rod all year round?

Is it really *that* hard? :huh:

trickysix
07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I too was there, ask that guy if the fish were biting he just ignored me. D-bag for sure!!

Kim473
07-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Is it really *that* hard? :huh:

Not hard for me but for many it is. Why make things complicated? Simple is best, then even a dummy could understand and not make a mistake. Way too many rules and regs in our society. Like I said, why the differance in winter and summer? Two vs one, rod?

Say in late feb you were standing on ice on the NSR or a lake fishing with two rods. Ice on both shores and all around except a 100ft hole in the middle of the river or lake. Are you in the wrong or good to go? Just a very large hole right?

I say your in the wrong.

If only one rod was legal all year long then there would be only one answer, and not two, for the courts to interpet.

huntsfurfish
07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Not hard for me but for many it is. Why make things complicated? Simple is best, then even a dummy could understand and not make a mistake. Way too many rules and regs in our society. Like I said, why the differance in winter and summer? Two vs one, rod?

Say in late feb you were standing on ice on the NSR or a lake fishing with two rods. Ice on both shores and all around except a 100ft hole in the middle of the river or lake. Are you in the wrong or good to go? Just a very large hole right?

I say your in the wrong.

If only one rod was legal all year long then there would be only one answer, and not two, for the courts to interpet.

Simple. In the summer you can cast anywhere, winter you fish thru a hole. 2 holes lets you cover more water in winter. Thats why:sHa_shakeshout: Just read or ask!