PDA

View Full Version : Bearspaw Dam Road NW closed off to Bearspaw Dam

Zenfishdude
07-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Just letting anyone that use to fish the Bow River in Calgary from Bearspaw Dam to downstream to 87 ST NW, it now closed off. Rail has erdicated a fence barring any access to the river.

CP Rail has cited being a safety hazzard with the rail line running beside the river.

This totally sucks as it affects not just fishermen, but everyone that enjoyed the scenic walk to the dam.

BeeGuy
07-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Just letting anyone that use to fish the Bow River in Calgary from Bearspaw Dam to downstream to 87 ST NW, it now closed off. Rail has erdicated a fence barring any access to the river.

CP Rail has cited being a safety hazzard with the rail line running beside the river.

This totally sucks as it affects not just fishermen, but everyone that enjoyed the scenic walk to the dam.

totally, there are a couple old threads about this. Fishing is just as good in bowness though as an alternative

We even held a rally last fall to protest

boounga
07-22-2012, 01:56 AM
I grew up in Silver springs, we used to rarely see people down there. The last few years when I visited my mom and took the dogs for a walk it was insanely busy down there.. not surprised

I remember being a kid and our retriever decided to tear down the overflow area and ripped her pads wide open.

If you're rich you can always buy a place on the reservoir like my friends parents and sea doo! lol