PDA

View Full Version : Fishinggeeks round 2. Here we go again

fishinggeek
07-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Caught a fish this weekend that just blew my mind. More so I think than the WRecord bow and burbot. Maybe its just the adrenalin flowing still, but it takes a freek of nature to get this geeks blood flowing. Ill post up pics and a story soon. I promised a good riend joel shangle who wrights for espn and outdoor canada that he would have first exposier and pics. So hold on my friends. These geeks got some more work to do now that we caught this fish. Stay tuned. You won't be disapointed. Sorry for the spelling. Lol. On my stupid blackberry.

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
its been 2 minutes now..... waiting....... oh the suspense!!!!!!!!

Dust1n
07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Something tells me its brown :sHa_shakeshout:

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
how bout let us know the specie at least? please. pretty please?

FisherGrrrl
07-22-2012, 03:01 PM
My guess is a brown too. Can't wait to hear the story!

Steven Noel
07-22-2012, 03:13 PM
I would suspect you guys went for a Pike on the slightly large side.

TROLLER
07-22-2012, 04:39 PM
My guess is Sturgeon.

Teamprotz
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Funny how we all know " no picture , no fish " doesn't apply here. Can' t wait to see this one !

pophouseman
07-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Funny how we all know " no picture , no fish " doesn't apply here. Can' t wait to see this one !

They have ingrained fishing cred!

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Grats to the geeks!

I don't want to be a spoiler but the pic is out there...(if you know where to look)....uploaded today....

....it is a hog boys nice work!

LC

fishinggeek
07-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Grats to the geeks!

I don't want to be a spoiler but the pic is out there...(if you know where to look)....uploaded today....

....it is a hog boys nice <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">work</a>!

LC

hahaha. probably not the same fish. pm me what you think it was and where you saw the pic. i just uploaded them on my computer and they look CRAZY. fish was 2 inches bigger than we thought. I cant wait to catch her in another year or 2. Sorry for the suspense, i dont think there has been a thread like this on this forum. hahaha. ill upload all of them, i think they all turned out awesome.

Teamprotz
07-22-2012, 06:13 PM
W. H. E. N ?

MoFugger21
07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/SuspenseIsKillingMe.jpg

Teamprotz
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/SuspenseIsKillingMe.jpg

Ya , what he said !

chubbdarter
07-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Congrats Boys, good work as always. That bottoms out the scale.

p.s. my quess is a snakehead.....lol, woot woot

pelada trochu
07-22-2012, 07:29 PM
So your getting paid for the exclusive?

Gotta show us soon. Probably a big pike.

bloopbloob
07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm dying to see!!! If it's what I think it is, and where, I can't wait to get out there this weekend! Congrats!

Alberta Bigbore
07-22-2012, 08:45 PM
you have 5 mins to post the pics or you are banned, LOL

:):):):):)

Guitarplayingfish
07-22-2012, 09:40 PM
hahaha.. What is it?! Post the pics!!

kreator
07-22-2012, 11:29 PM
What a tease. :sad0147:

steve
07-22-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm betting rights off this photo have been bought. If its outdoor Canada cover material like he said. Thats likely the first place we will see it.

Looking forward to it.

Walleyemagnet
07-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Well now I can't sleep. How 'bout a hint? Where we're you fishing?

waterninja
07-23-2012, 03:13 AM
so it's really true? there is an ogopogo. can't wait to see him.
i'll slip you a buck if you p.m. me advance pics.
congrats .

waterninja
07-23-2012, 03:16 AM
is round 2 the clue? did you catch an even bigger rainbow?

sureshot
07-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm thinking Muskie.

Andy

Rumtan
07-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Possible red herring?

fluxcore
07-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Heard on the radio a huge sturgeon was caught

drhook
07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
That was this one...

VANCOUVER - Three years ago, British couple Michael and Margaret Snell travelled to the Vancouver area for a fishing trip and thought they hit the jackpot, reeling in a sturgeon that was 1.5 metres long.

But that trophy pales in comparison to the massive fish the retired couple caught in the Fraser River during a return trip this week, hauling a white sturgeon out of the water that measured nearly four metres and weighed half a tonne - believed to be one of the largest fish every caught for sport in North America

BGSH
07-23-2012, 09:48 AM
I am going to guess northern pike ;)

buckmaster
07-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Caught in alberta shawn ???

chriscosta
07-23-2012, 10:09 AM

Me too I mighta seen a profile pic ... Somewhere on my fb

Jamie Black R/T
07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
seriously now...you are such a tease :mad0100:

Fishinggeek1
07-23-2012, 12:25 PM
The Suspense will just add to the story. 8 Years of hard fishing and figuring out every technique possible pays off. We see too many people trying for the fast payoff too often.
I'm sure in the next few days the story will be up and booming. Crazy weekend but very tough bite.

pickrel pat
07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
The Suspense will just add to the story. 8 Years of hard fishing and figuring out every technique possible pays off. We see too many people trying for the fast payoff too often.
I'm sure in the next few days the story will be up and booming. Crazy weekend but very tough bite.

"tough bite" has me thinkin monster eye!

DarkAisling
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
:shake:

At least tell us how long you're going to make us wait!

Bound2Fish
07-23-2012, 01:06 PM
:shake:

At least tell us how long you're going to make us wait!

Hopefully we get the pictures then too, cant wait...

chubbdarter
07-23-2012, 01:55 PM
This a money making situation. 50 bucks gets you underground unpublished pics. All monies to go to the saskabish pilsner fund

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
This a money making situation. 50 bucks gets you underground unpublished pics. All monies to go to the saskabish pilsner fund

Canadian tire money at par?

Fishinggeek1
07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Alright guys i'm goona spill it, Its a Brown, Not a World Record but it shows the potential.
Everyone keeps stabbing the fact that all these Big Rainbows are Triploid fish and nothing more. But no matter how many times we tell people, "it's not the fish but the system that complaments the fish". They just shrug and keep it up. Once you see the pic Everyone will know its not about the STUPID Triploid part.:angry3:

Cus this fish is one mean "Mother Fxxxxxxxr"

pickrel pat
07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Alright guys i'm goona spill it, Its a Brown, Not a World Record but it shows the potential.
Everyone keeps stabbing the fact that all these Big Rainbows are Triploid fish and nothing more. But no matter how many times we tell people, "it's not the fish but the system that complaments the fish". They just shrug and keep it up. Once you see the pic Everyone will know its not about the STUPID Triploid part.:angry3:

congratz on the ginourmas brown, cant wait to looksee at it!:sHa_shakeshout:

McLeod
07-23-2012, 02:52 PM

I have some pics on your website.
What Province was the fish caught ?

AngusMacHuge
07-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Given that it's "brown", I'll speculate that they've set a provincial, and likely Canadian record, for brown trout with a fish from Lake Diefenbaker, SK. This is the same lake that produced all the Rainbow trout records after the fish farm escape for which fishinggeeks are well known. Lots of controversy over whether those records should count due to the triploid genetics of the farmed fish. While Browns not stocked or farmed in the lake in any capacity, there is the occasional fish that migrates to the reservoir from the foothills rivers that drain into the South Saskatchewan.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a genetically natural fish, so part of their excitement is proving that Lake Diefenbaker is able to produce big fish consistently regardless of their genetic makeup, lending legitimacy to their existing records.

Any way you slice it, exciting stuff. Bring on the pics!!!

Teamprotz
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Just need to be a true lover of freakishly large fish , triploid or not. When I worked at the Hole in S'toon there was this crazy guy that speared a near 40 lb brown from Dief , potential is there ! Can't wait to see pics ! And i'm not saying thats where this fish is from !

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Just need to be a true lover of freakishly large fish , triploid or not. When I worked at the Hole in S'toon there was this crazy guy that speared a near 40 lb brown from Dief , potential is there ! Can't wait to see pics ! And i'm not saying thats where this fish is from !

pics?

Guitarplayingfish
07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Pics or it didn't happen. That goes for ALL of you... :thinking-006:

Teamprotz
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
This was 19 yrs ago ! I do believe there was a write up in the Saskatoon Star Phoenix. If I remember it finally weighed 34lbs the next day after bleeding out. For a natural fish ( sorry , nothing intended) thats not supposed to be there , wow. Now , if it had a friend ! Potential is there.

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
This was 19 yrs ago ! I do believe there was a write up in the Saskatoon Star Phoenix. If I remember it finally weighed 34lbs the next day after bleeding out. For a natural fish ( sorry , nothing intended) thats not supposed to be there , wow. Now , if it had a friend ! Potential is there.

34lbs is a beast. cool. Might have to pour over some microfiche.

Teamprotz
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Its mentioned in an old post here as 37 lbs as mentioned by fishinggeek. Pics will be cool , considering how impressed the boys are with it !

nekred
07-23-2012, 04:01 PM

That would be agood buddy of mine and he has it mounted.... Awesome fish, we went there one spring and he went spearfishing... too bad he did not get one....

However I caught my first goldeye there!...and almost drown in a belly boat mishap while to my buddies merriment, as I was about to breath water all I heard was their laughter....

fishinggeek
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Ill put up a teaser pic. I just texted joel shangle to see whats happening with the story. If no story happens then ill get them up right away.

Teamprotz
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Words from the master , we bow down , your faithful followers !

fishinggeek
07-23-2012, 04:38 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/brown-1.jpg

pickrel pat
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
didnt work my friend

Hunter Trav
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
He's just teasing us...:angry3:

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Cool. I suspected it would be a male.

And whatta boy!

CamoDerrick
07-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Try opening picture in a new tab, worked for me.

Awesome looking fish, hugeee jaw

Guitarplayingfish
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Awesome, Look forward to seeing the full pic!

Teamprotz
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Ahhhhh, can't view it !:angry3:

justinO
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Stop Photoshopping the pic and post already hahahaha :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Can't wait to see this TANK and read the article!! Where is it going to be printed?

Congrats

fluxcore
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM

It would be amazing if u pulled a monster brown out of your old rainbow spot on lake diefenbaker, that Alone is evedence it's the area that produces monsters. I'm guessing the brown is a bow river monster but I could be wrong. I can't wait to be amazed you truly are a fishing master!!!!

fishinggeek
07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/th_brown-2.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/?action=view&current=brown-2.jpg)

Sorry guys. cant seem to get the full image up. worked for a bit.

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Yep.....this thread does not deliver

hehe

too many views eh, time to go (photobucket) Pro

Guitarplayingfish
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
as stated, OPEN IN NEW TAB... Its as simple as that!

BeeGuy
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
PICTURE (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek)

Bound2Fish
07-23-2012, 06:14 PM
as stated, OPEN IN NEW TAB... Its as simple as that!

^^^ What he said, works great. What a monster brown, are we going to get some of the story too?

CamoDerrick
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
fishinggeek brown:

Fishnafterwork
07-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks camoderrick for putting it onto the thumb...... Some of us don't have the option to open in a different tab but the thumb worked great!! Can't wait to c this whole fish!!

Speckle55
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Nice Brown:sHa_shakeshout:..nice hook jaw .. Sean and Adam.. you guys just keep working Dief it has the Potential to produce Very Large Fish period bigger than Tobin maybe .. Big Lake .. Big Fish .. farming area around = feed = bigger plankton/zoooligy=bigger food chain..

ps .. that jaw look's like that big male Brookie that i lost at Maligne i told you about..

Wow you guys Rock!! grats

David:)

FisherGrrrl
07-23-2012, 07:03 PM
nice fish fishinggeek! I cant wait to see the rest of the pics and hear the story that goes with! can't stop looking at the big hook he has goin on with his jaw! Very nice :D

were you catching fish like that all day?

claystone
07-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Funny how something that ugly can be that good lookin too !! LOL. Dream fish very cool!!

waterninja
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM
guitar, i find it hard to believe that you would question geeks word on this fish. some people are just jealous of other peoples hard work and dedication to the sport.
i don't doubt we'll all see a pic soon enough and hopefully your appolagy soon after.

goldscud
07-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Great looking fish! Curious about length and weight as it's hard to tell in the pictures.

BeeGuy
07-24-2012, 07:22 AM
guitar, i find it hard to believe that you would question geeks word on this fish. some people are just jealous of other peoples hard work and dedication to the sport.
i don't doubt we'll all see a pic soon enough and hopefully your appolagy soon after.

?

No appolagy needed. The smiley with the rolling eyes was supposed to convey his lack of seriousness. You missed that.

BeeGuy
07-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Great looking fish! Curious about length and weight as it's hard to tell in the pictures.

Guesses???

I'm going with 38.5" and 20.5lb.

Guitarplayingfish
07-24-2012, 07:29 AM
?

No appolagy needed. The smiley with the rolling eyes was supposed to convey his lack of seriousness. You missed that.

I'm glad someone picked up on that... haha

yulful
07-24-2012, 09:41 AM
That's one nice fish!!! Congrats Guys. I bet the fight this fish had was incredible.................................

fishinggeek
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Well im not sure when if any artical is going up. I suspect within the week so ill tell you that Beeguy got the weight right on almost. fish was 35inch long by 20.5inch girth. weighed out at 20lbs 2oz. Broke the provincial record by 2lbs 6oz. My brother looked into provincial records and said we had to keep the fish for it to count, so it might not count. Dont matter either way as i would of felt so bad keeping a crazy specimen anyways. Replicas are out there anyways. I'll keep you guys updated on when i can put a full pic up, probably soon and show you this tank. :sHa_shakeshout:

waterninja
07-24-2012, 02:05 PM
sorry guitar didn't realise you were kidding. that rolling eye icon looked like it was full of doubt. not everyone can post pics. yet and very often members are ridiculed when a story doesen't include pics. as proof. i see that wasn't your intention.

BeeGuy
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Well im not sure when if any artical is going up. I suspect within the week so ill tell you that Beeguy got the weight right on almost. fish was 35inch long by 20.5inch girth. weighed out at 20lbs 2oz. Broke the provincial record by 2lbs 6oz. My brother looked into provincial records and said we had to keep the fish for it to count, so it might not count. Dont matter either way as i would of felt so bad keeping a crazy specimen anyways. Replicas are out there anyways. I'll keep you guys updated on when i can put a full pic up, probably soon and show you this tank. :sHa_shakeshout:

Just to clarify. You guys released it?

That's ok, big mama is out there somewhere eating 2lb's of scuds a day.

fishinggeek
07-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Just to clarify. You guys released it?

That's ok, big mama is out there somewhere eating 2lb's of scuds a day.

Yep we released it. and dont worry. i think these fish are migrating down from the bow and live in dief, im sure they migrate back up to the bow so the chance of someone in calgary catching him can be a good possibility. I think after that huge flood in 2011 they probably got pushed down into dief. Fishing for these browns adam and i had to change out whole techniques and direction. were lucky they stay around as long as they do.:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Guitarplayingfish
07-24-2012, 03:17 PM
sorry guitar didn't realise you were kidding. that rolling eye icon looked like it was full of doubt. not everyone can post pics. yet and very often members are ridiculed when a story doesen't include pics. as proof. i see that wasn't your intention.

All good Waterninjaman!

I was just jokin around.. I know these forums are sometimes tough to put into context, No harm done :sHa_shakeshout:

justinO
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
My brother looked into provincial records and said we had to keep the fish for it to count, so it might not count. Dont matter either way as i would of felt so bad keeping a crazy specimen anyways.

That is the dumbest rule I have ever herd. And like you said who cares you and all of us know it's a new record. Glad you Realeased that fish.
Congrats again.

marlin1
07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
that thing is huge , never seen anything that big from the Bow but have seen some close to 10 . wow

slivers86
07-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Geeks, you guys never fail. Most threads I can skim through, but I seem to read every post in your threads.. lol

crazy bunch you guys are, keep doing what you do and love it! I enjoy reading about it!

goldscud
07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the measurements. I was thinking it was around 34" and 16lb or so. It is so hard to guess sizes from pictures. Amazing girth on that old boy.
I've handled a 32" hen in the Bow, around 12lb . With the extra food in the lake I can see them growing larger.
Congrats on a great fish. Now find a bigger one!

junglejay7320
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
that fish is 12 feet long.....

Shawnlh
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Yep we released it. and dont worry. i think these fish are migrating down from the bow and live in dief, im sure they migrate back up to the bow so the chance of someone in calgary catching him can be a good possibility. I think after that huge flood in 2011 they probably got pushed down into dief. Fishing for these browns adam and i had to change out whole techniques and direction. were lucky they stay around as long as they do.:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

That means they have to pass through the Hat in the SSR. And I don't think they'll make it back up through the Bassano dam. So they're stuck between Dief and Bassano if they don't head north through the Red Deer river???

Is the SSR going to have a heavy trout population if high waters prevail? That would put a big grin on my face.

npauls
07-24-2012, 11:45 PM
They could also head back up the oldman all the way to lethbridge or further if they can get over the middle of the weir.

Curt138
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Just wow.

Can't wait to hear the whole story!

Shawnlh
07-25-2012, 12:45 AM
They could also head back up the oldman all the way to lethbridge or further if they can get over the middle of the weir.

You are correct sir. The oldman escaped my mind while typing that post.:sign0161:

Guitarplayingfish
07-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Caught a brown this year from the river.. like 2lbs.. my cousins caught a 9lb brown years back though, so they are around.. you just need to get lucky I think (Oldman/Bow/SSR)

lakerman
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
that's stuff is what legends are made of I bow down to you gents and yes there are browns in dief. caught some wheñ I was as a young lad stupid me thought they were male rainbows spent many days and nights fishing there too didnnt appreciate how lucky I was to fish there until I moved to alb.

Pikey
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Truly amazing stuff!

A big thanks to anyone loyal enough to the sport to release that fish and share such a story.

Well done!

Teamprotz
07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Is what it was caught on a secret ?

kanona
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Great catch guys! I can't wait to post about a monster I catch...one day :)

jonnyxp
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
The fact that you released that fish knowing you might not get the record Sure shows a lot .... Big up's on that ... That's what it all about. The sport needs more guys like you guys !!!!

fishinggeek
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
ENJOY
And please please practice catch and release with these nature fish. Replicas are out there of these big browns. We will be getting a free replica from trophytroutguide.

http://fishinggeeks.net/provrecordbrown11.jpg
http://fishinggeeks.net/provrecordbrown52.JPG

CamoDerrick
07-25-2012, 06:58 PM
What a beast. These pictures are great.

Guitarplayingfish
07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
That is an incredible specimen. Nicely done gentlemen, glad to know she still swims.

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Unbelievable!!!!! This fish is so naturally proportioned for its size it's almost unbelievable!!!

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 07:56 PM
I knew I had reason to be too afraid to warer ski..! I'd b a snack bobbing in the water for fish like that!

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I can't seem to find a pic of the record burbot if anyone knows the link??

CF8
07-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Yowsa! Congrats on the fish!

gl2
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I can't seem to find a pic of the record burbot if anyone knows the link??
http://www.fishinggeeks.net/records
hopefully this works.

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
HOLY COD!...... Thanks btw

gl2
07-25-2012, 08:23 PM
okay there has been 4 or 5 replies and no one has said it so i am going to...

this photo HAS to be photoshopped, and i have solid proof. look at pic number 1 the smile in this pic isn't nearly big enough for holding a fish this size....lol

all jokes aside, congrats on yet another beast.

Alberta Bigbore
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
What a tank!!!!

Hunter Trav
07-25-2012, 09:06 PM
The hook jaw on that thing is crazy, great job again boys, thanks for sharing!!! :D

Badback
07-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Nice one...The pic will look good with all the other monsters on your website....

OneGirlWolfPack
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
That is incredible!! Congrats!! You're looking especially Stiffleriffic in that picture. :p

tuffymitch1
07-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Beauty!! Congrats!!

gonefishin
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Awesome fish... congrats!! You guys certainly know your stuff.

Saltmania
07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Amazing! Congrats again.

Kim473
07-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Very nice geek! Thanks for posting.

Swede
07-26-2012, 07:25 AM
When I first heard of the Fishinggeeks I thought a couple kids in the right place at the right time caught the WR rainbow. Dam you guys are the real deal, world class fisherman. Thanks for sharing this brown, man what a tank.

MoFugger21
07-26-2012, 08:31 AM
One of these days you guys might actually get into some big fish. Don't get discouraged- keep your head up and keep trying and eventually you'll find the monsters you're after....... :lol:

Well done guys! That thing certainly is one to remember! :happy0034:

SnoochyBoochy
07-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Congrats on a great catch! Very impressive Fish and what a blessing to have landed that one.

Cheers
Snooch :acigar:

massari
07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Good job Fishing geeks, I think you Sean are the King of fishing and your brother Adam is the Prince of fishing for records :fighting0030:

Mutter87
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
It adds to it the fact you guys seem to fish from shore and catch these records.

Redfrog
07-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Perfect !!!!:sHa_shakeshout: but it 'll do.:)

You guys are the real deal.

fishinggeek
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
It adds to it the fact you guys seem to fish from shore and catch these records.

We actually never fish from shore anymore. fish are further from the bank and have to travel to find them. when we land a big one we usually find the closest place to shore and try to never bring the fish out of water. :sHa_shakeshout:
to answer what we caught it on. Rapala SB XR 12. trolling.

THERICARDO
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Unreal guys, congrats! Gotta love Diefenbaker , its what i miss most about Saskatchewan, well that and Tobin.

Heading to Diefenbaker this weekend should be a good adventure...

Once again Congrats guys

Serengeti Charters
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
That's sweet man! Unreal actually. Looking forward to having you guys up here next year :D. Get into some hog fish that fight lb for lb just as good as anything :D

Darren N
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I think i'll wait a few months before I post my pics now. WOW that's crazy. Just in the middle of my holidays and just opened this up now.

Lefty-Canuck
07-26-2012, 03:38 PM
The fact that you released that fish knowing you might not get the record Sure shows a lot .... Big up's on that ... That's what it all about. The sport needs more guys like you guys !!!!

X2....alot of folks could learn a thing or two from these guys.

LC

fishman
07-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I remember about 5 years ago a buddy of mine was telling me he was at a walleye tourament at lake diefenbaker and he was fishing with a rapala with 15 pound test and he kept getting snapped off he was telling me it was the rainbows in the lake that was busting him off and he lost a wack of rapalas that weekend

TyreeUM
07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I remember about 5 years ago a buddy of mine was telling me he was at a walleye tourament at lake diefenbaker and he was fishing with a rapala with 15 pound test and he kept getting snapped off he was telling me it was the rainbows in the lake that was busting him off and he lost a wack of rapalas that weekend

Happens all the time...most people who hook into a 20 pound plus are never ready...then the one day it happens...SNAP...they spend the next few times out trying to fish them...get skunked...go back to fishing walleye...several months later it happens all over again and get snapped off. It's a vicious cycle.
Welcome to Dief...

Teamprotz
08-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Saskatchewan recognizes a catch and release pike from Mirond as the record. Claimed weight of 47.5lbs and 55 inches. Doesn't look anywhere near that big , but if they accept it , there is no reason your brown shouldn't be accepted as a new record. At least you have a reputation to back you.

saskfly
08-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Congrats on a great fish. I am tickled pink that a fish like that came out of a Saskatchewan lake...hopefully policy makers will recognize the worth of its Water bodies and treat them accordingly!!!

pelada trochu
08-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Heard you guys are paid guides. How much and when is your next opening