PDA

View Full Version : Probable poachers on pigeon.

Blairh
07-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Alright so before I get into details I realize you can keep fish out of pigeon with a tag, as well as their is no intent at racism, any mention of race is to help with identification!

Was out by the provincial park camp ground on pigeon today, when I witnessed a boat land a fish grab it and walk straight back to their cooler with it. Judging by the way they handled the fish and fought it they are new at this and may not have read the regs, however that is no excuse. I tried to get the boat number but before I got the sense to they were too far away, the really suspicious part is they went in shore and were doing something for 10 minutes (likely cleaning their fish) before they took off. Basically posting this so members fishing pigeon can keep an eye out and if they see the boat again and witness this they can call RAP.

Description: Was a group of 4 asians, dark blue fiber glass boat with a blue cooler on the back, took a picture of it from a distance.

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Next time troll right by them and get the numbers off the boat....its so crowded there you could do it without being too obvious....people poach out there all the time....

LC

ghostguy6
07-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Any details on what the fish was or size?

Eddy62
07-22-2012, 05:58 PM
what are you waiting for call f and w...............

Blairh
07-22-2012, 06:01 PM
what are you waiting for call f and w...............

I will now, I don't think I have enough info for them to do much though.

Blairh
07-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Any details on what the fish was or size?

Walleye, a smaller one then what i saw being caught on average around me, and skinny. I find this strange, if you had a tag wouldn't you wait for a chunker?

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Walleye, a smaller one then what i saw being caught on average around me, and skinny. I find this strange, if you had a tag wouldn't you wait for a chunker?

There are slot sizes for tags....0-43cm, 43-50cm, 50 plus cm.....but you must IMMEDIATELY tag a fish upon retaining it.

LC

Blairh
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
There are slot sizes for tags....0-43cm, 43-50cm, 50 plus cm.....but you must IMMEDIATELY tag a fish upon retaining it.

LC

Ya no tag was used, straight from the net to the cooler. Just called RAP theirs two officers at pigeon right now their gonna have one call me ASAP.

Lefty-Canuck
07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Ya no tag was used, straight from the net to the cooler. Just called RAP theirs two officers at pigeon right now their gonna have one call me ASAP.

Are you still at the lake? are the guys still there?....without info they won't be able to do much.

LC

Blairh
07-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Are you still at the lake? are the guys still there?....without info they won't be able to do much.

LC

I'm not out there anymore, but they didn't head to the boat launch by the P.P., so they may have a docking spot which means they will be back! I guess the little bit of info I can give the officers will help so they can keep an eye out.

chubbdarter
07-22-2012, 07:18 PM

yet you deel its okay to have a thread with the word poacher in it and then post a pic of their boat?

Cant read boat numbers but you can identify the size and psecies?

Blairh
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
yet you deel its okay to have a thread with the word poacher in it and then post a pic of their boat?

They were 50 feet away when they did this with the fish, I didn't think to grab the boat number at the time, by the time I thought of it they were to far away which is why I snapped the pictures.

I put probable because I was not sure, this thread was intended to just provide some info and if someone sees the boat they can maybe keep an extra eye on it, and if they witness the same thing I did they can call it in, sorry to offend you next time I won't make a thread in an effort to protect a good fishery. I hope they weren't poaching.

chubbdarter
07-22-2012, 07:41 PM
They were 50 feet away when they did this with the fish, I didn't think to grab the boat number at the time, by the time I thought of it they were to far away which is why I snapped the pictures.

I put probable because I was not sure, this thread was intended to just provide some info and if someone sees the boat they can maybe keep an extra eye on it, and if they witness the same thing I did they can call it in, sorry to offend you next time I won't make a thread in an effort to protect a good fishery. I hope they weren't poaching.

i appreciate your concern for the fishery. But if your so concerned and witnessed a illegal fish being retained at 10 feet, i would assume youd collect the needed info immediately.

once again your last sentence concerns me......'I hope they weren't poaching'

The story i have no issue with, but the pics without solid proof imo crosses the line

thats all, good luck fishing

DiabeticKripple
07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
I got a menanite teenager (~16-17y.o) today at lesser slave. Saw him biking around with an illegal pike, called f&w and turns out they were already coming anyways. So when they came I told them where he was and they got him.

Seen quite a few CO's here. They had the boat out today

Blairh
07-22-2012, 08:04 PM
i appreciate your concern for the fishery. But if your so concerned and witnessed a illegal fish being retained at 10 feet, i would assume youd collect the needed info immediately.

once again your last sentence concerns me......'I hope they weren't poaching'

The story i have no issue with, but the pics without solid proof imo crosses the line

thats all, good luck fishing

I understand that, but I would consider myself, my fishing partner who both watched this happen, as well as the other boat beside us that also confirmed they kept the fish as solid proof. Ive never been in this situation before so now I know exactly what to do.

Also the 'I hope they weren't poaching' was because they looked as if it was they were new to fishing, the way they handled the rods, the fish etc. Poaching may be the wrong word in this case, in my humble opinion they just did not read their regs. however that is no excuse.

Dennisg
07-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Alright so before I get into details I realize you can keep fish out of pigeon with a tag, as well as their is no intent at racism, any mention of race is to help with identification!

Was out by the provincial park camp ground on pigeon today, when I witnessed a boat land a fish grab it and walk straight back to their cooler with it. Judging by the way they handled the fish and fought it they are new at this and may not have read the regs, however that is no excuse. I tried to get the boat number but before I got the sense to they were too far away, the really suspicious part is they went in shore and were doing something for 10 minutes (likely cleaning their fish) before they took off. Basically posting this so members fishing pigeon can keep an eye out and if they see the boat again and witness this they can call RAP.

Description: Was a group of 4 asians, dark blue fiber glass boat with a blue cooler on the back, took a picture of it from a distance.

You saw a group of asians and you painted them being a poacher without proof.

When you say asians what part of asia they are from? You basically pointing to the whole asian group and you don't call that racism?

Redfrog
07-22-2012, 08:18 PM

When you say asians what part of asia they are from? You basically pointing to the whole asian group and you don't call that racism?

:thinking-006: that didn't take long.

Blairh
07-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Proof: put a walleye into a cooler, without a tag on a lake with regulations stating zero retention. If they did have a tag it would IMMEDIATELY have to be put on the fish as per regs, and was confirmed by RAP.

As far as identifying what part of Asia they were from, you expect me to do that from 50 feet? I was giving a description of the party involved, sorry if I offended you. If it was someone white I would have said that.

This entire thread was intended to aware fellow fishermen of what I suspect was poaching and give as vivid a description I could. This is only so that if someone is on the water and happens to see this boat they can be slightly more vigilant of that particular boat.

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 08:23 PM

wow.

gl2
07-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Proof: put a walleye into a cooler, without a tag on a lake with regulations stating zero retention. If they did have a tag it would IMMEDIATELY have to be put on the fish as per regs, and was confirmed by RAP.

As far as identifying what part of Asia they were from, you expect me to do that from 50 feet? I was giving a description of the party involved, sorry if I offended you. If it was someone white I would have said that.

This entire thread was intended to aware fellow fishermen of what I suspect was poaching and give as vivid a description I could. This is only so that if someone is on the water and happens to see this boat they can be slightly more vigilant of that particular boat.

You should read the regs. It tells you what to do when you encounter poaching.

Blairh
07-22-2012, 08:29 PM
You should read the regs. It tells you what to do when you encounter poaching.

Yea I realize that. I googled the RAP number (which is now in my phone), forgot to grab the boat number because like I said before I wasn't thinking at first. I apologize for doing my best to report this from now on I will not say a word.

Dennisg
07-22-2012, 08:32 PM
wow.

Wow what? how do I know if he wasn't a racist trying to depict the asians culture as poachers. All I see here is a picture of a boat and 2 guys. A video of them putting a walleye in the cooler with be more convincing.

This is what exactly what I mean, he posted a picture and few words and you jump into conclusions that they were guilty of poaching.

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Yea I realize that. I googled the RAP number (which is now in my phone), forgot to grab the boat number because like I said before I wasn't thinking at first. I apologize for doing my best to report this from now on I will not say a word.

thank you for the heads up and description and pic of the boat.

Blairh
07-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow what? how do I know if he wasn't a racist trying to depict the asians culture as poachers. All I see here is a picture of a boat and 2 guys. A video of them putting a walleye in the cooler with be more convincing.

This is what exactly what I mean, he posted a picture and few words and you jump into conclusions that they were guilty of poaching.

What would I gain from this exactly?

flyguyd
07-22-2012, 08:36 PM

Dont let the internet bullies get you down :) Seems like the heat has caused a little agitation on the forum lately:thinking-006:

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 08:40 PM

yes, your right. he probably just hates asians and made it up. seems like your calling him a liar even though he said they retained and did not tag the fish..... are you calling him a liar?:snapoutofit:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-22-2012, 08:40 PM

Why would you defend poachers . Were you in the boat with them ? Its obvious the guy sees them catch fish , throw them in the cooler , I bet there cooler was full of walleye . Ive seen it happen many times .

You get these new Canadians , you tell them they are in the wrong then they talk in some foreign language , but you heard them talking English 2 minutes before . BULL CRAP if you ask me .

Maybe we should go to a Foreign country go poach from them , thats right you'd end up with a missing arm or hand . Time to stiffen the penalties here . You poach you lose a finger or a hand LOL kidding but its becoming a real joke to offenders .

Blairh
07-22-2012, 08:41 PM
yes, your right. he probably just hates asians and made it up. seems like your calling him a liar even though he said they retained and did not tag the fish..... are you calling him a liar?:snapoutofit:

Guess he is, I guess I shall go pick up a helmet cam for future fishing adventures.

BeeGuy
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Wow, is keeping a fish poaching?

Use google to learn the meanings of slander and libel.

If you are going to go as far as you have, you need one important thing,

Proof.

pickrel pat
07-22-2012, 08:46 PM

yes. in a lake with 0 limits and not tagging it. yes.

Esox
Why would you defend poachers . Were you in the boat with them ? Its obvious the guy sees them catch fish , throw them in the cooler , I bet there cooler was full of walleye . Ive seen it happen many times .

You get these new Canadians , you tell them they are in the wrong then they talk in some foreign language , but you heard them talking English 2 minutes before . BULL CRAP if you ask me .

Maybe we should go to a Foreign country go poach from them , thats right you'd end up with a missing arm or hand . Time to stiffen the penalties here . You poach you lose a finger or a hand LOL kidding but its becoming a real joke to offenders .

Wow, didn't take long for you to show your redneck side. Some of those fish you caught down south earlier this year looked awful close to the legal size limit to me...

Blairh

Use google to learn the meanings of slander and libel.

If you are going to go as far as you have, you need one important thing,

Proof.

Keeping a fish, on a lake with a zero retention limit of that species is defined as poaching. The proof would be if the CO came across them next time with a cooler full of walleye. Do you really think I would post slanderous accounts on here if I did not have proof?

Help stop poachers by watching for these illegal activities
Hunting or fishing out of season or without a license
Night hunting
Hunting on private land without permission (Use Respect – Ask First)
Exceeding bag limits<-------------------------------
Selling wildlife or fish illegally
Hunting in manners hazardous to the public: while intoxicated, too close to occupied buildings or shooting off main highways
Using illegal hunting / fishing devices or baits

Alberta Bigbore
07-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Yep... this thread does not deliver.