PDA

View Full Version : Please use your brain!

DiabeticKripple
07-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I was sitting out on Lesser Slave slayin some eyes, when 2 idiots came by and ruined not just my trip, but a couple other peoples too.

The first guy went through a gap between boats about 50' apart, at ~40mph. I heard him punch it and looked up and could see people yelling at him, flipping him off and shaking their heads at him. He could've easily gone out the other way where there weren't any boats but no, he had to go through the pack.

Te second guy is what really ****ed me off. He was in a big ski boat, and he was going about 10mph and was just plowing water. Going at the perfect speed to make a huge wake. He went about 50' behind my 14' tinner, and since he was making such a big wake, 2 of te waves came over the stern of my boat and soaked me, my fish finder, and my gps. Not to mention I took on a lot of water and spent the next 15 mins bailing water out.

Basically what I'm trying to say is:

1. Don't go ripping through the pack of boats anchored up, showing off.
2. Make such a big wake around a small boat. I would've preferred if he gunned it so at least he was planing and making a smaller wake.

Use your brain!

Mike_W
07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't fix stupid!!..... Some people

Teamprotz
07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately he probably thought he was doing you a favor. Another fine example of how usefull the boaters course is !

pelada trochu
07-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I totally feel for u. Happens everywhere. Dont understand why a boat slows down but maks a giant wake. Dont understand why they dont give some space. Sorry about your gear. Too bad the boaters card just dont have one test. Stay clear and mind your wake.

Today while idling along a dude.drove up my ars to ask if there were.walleye here. Didnt know he was coming. Supposed to give a couple beeps to let the other guy know.

Gust
07-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Firstly, reckless behavior must be reported as you would report a poacher. A thrrad awhile back had a fellow saying he wouldnt slow his jet boat down if a canoe was in his way. Boating rules apply as if they are driving rules of the road.

Secondly, a dude making a wake at 10 knots doesnt know how to sail his vessel.

Gust
07-22-2012, 09:25 PM
I totally feel for u. Happens everywhere. Dont understand why a boat slows down but maks a giant wake. Dont understand why they dont give some space. Sorry about your gear. Too bad the boaters card just dont have one test. Stay clear and mind your wake.

Today while idling along a dude.drove up my ars to ask if there were.walleye here. Didnt know he was coming. Supposed to give a couple beeps to let the other guy know.

Never approach a boat from behind, the guy was a tool.

seahawkfisher
07-22-2012, 09:25 PM
:innocent: so let me get this straight; don't go by fast but don't go by slow

Alberta Bigbore
07-22-2012, 10:44 PM

:)

338Bluff
07-22-2012, 10:49 PM

They are called wake boats and their use should be curtailed in most Alberta waters. Menace to shoreline habitat, nesting waterfowl, and fisherman in small aluminum boats.:angry3:
We need way more lakes with horsepower or speed restrictions on them.

fishdude17
07-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Some people are just plain idiots:angry3:
If you are having problems with your electronic gear not working, put them in bags of rice. The rice will absorb the moisture, and hopefully they will come back to life.

DiabeticKripple
07-22-2012, 11:20 PM

I never said that. I said don't go by fast THROUGH the pack of boats anchored, and don't cause a huge wake by smaller boats

As for the electronics, both are working fine.

BeeGuy
07-22-2012, 11:33 PM

I never said that. I said don't go by fast THROUGH the pack of boats anchored, and don't cause a huge wake by smaller boats

As for the electronics, both are working fine.

There's always one, same as there is always one on the lake.

Get their number and call in the heavies.

DiabeticKripple
07-23-2012, 01:53 AM
There's always one, same as there is always one on the lake.

Get their number and call in the heavies.

Thing is they were already gone by the time I thought of it. Next time

winger7mm
07-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Lesser slave is to small to have to drive respectful of other boaters. Im not surprised you dont hear of more incidents on that tiny lake :thinking-006:
Like someone said earlier, YOU cant fix stupid! but if we had less warning labels on EVERYTHING the problem would sort itself out over time :sHa_sarcasticlol:

last minute
07-23-2012, 09:18 AM

or don't go by at all .:)

Redfrog
07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
CCW is not only a landlubber solution.:)

An armed society is a polite society.

Jamie Black R/T
07-23-2012, 10:53 AM
He went about 50' behind my 14' tinner, and since he was making such a big wake, 2 of te waves came over the stern of my boat and soaked me, my fish finder, and my gps.

this is obviously a sign you need to go buy a 70,000 dollar, deep V, Lund or equivalent. :sHa_shakeshout::scared0018:

i remember when my dad taught me to drive our boat and showed me how to keep distance and not cause wakes for smaller boats trying to fish. Had an old fellow drive around baptiste to find our camp and shake my dads hand and mine as well. Ill never forget that in my lifetime. Learning to be a worthwhile human being sure makes a kid feel great inside.