PDA

View Full Version : Any Debris off Vancouver Isl. ?

TBark
07-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Anyone been fishing the west side of Van Isl this spring or summer ?
We have charters booked in mid Aug and some reports are more and more tsunami junk is starting to arrive in the area.
Wonder what people are seeing, wonder if it would affect the open water fishing at all, or is it not an issue ?

TBark

Serengeti Charters
07-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Lil here and there, another guide outta here found a black floating ball with tons of japanese on it...so lil bit.

Tofinofish
07-22-2012, 10:00 PM
TBark,

Got your PM and will reply..

Surprisingly little debris our way so not anything to write about at this time..
I have been asking my guides and they say nothing out of the ordinary.

J.

avb3
07-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Anyone been fishing the west side of Van Isl this spring or summer ?
We have charters booked in mid Aug and some reports are more and more tsunami junk is starting to arrive in the area.
Wonder what people are seeing, wonder if it would affect the open water fishing at all, or is it not an issue ?

TBark

A couple of sailboat I know who went around Vancouver Island (at different times in the past month), say they have seen some, but nothing that one would worry about hitting. That being said, a 66 foot concrete floating dock showed up in Oregon a few weeks ago from Japan. THAT I would be worried about!

Link here:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18722604/66-foot-dock-from-japan-tsunami-washes-up-in-oregon?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HawaiiNewsNow-News+%28Hawaii+News+Now+-+News%29