PDA

View Full Version : Shuswap lake

Duster
07-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been fishing the Shuswap within in the last few weeks? I'm heading out next week to the cabin and was just wondering how it was with the really high water. Thanks for any info.

Bigdad013
07-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Was there last week for 4 days, the fishing is picking up. We only fished the early mornings to stay out of the heat. Catching lots of bows and lakers. Still a fair bit of debris on the water, but it is slowly clearing up. Keep your eyes open.

doublehaul
07-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm just leaving today. I fished around scotch creek last week. We had a thread going with info. There is some good help in there. Enjoy.

Rick.
07-23-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.reelfishingadventures.net/index.html

This site is usually up to date with recent reports. Rick.

Albertafisher
07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Just wondering if anybody has been fishing the Shuswap within in the last few weeks? I'm heading out next week to the cabin and was just wondering how it was with the really high water. Thanks for any info.
The fishing is alright, I was out there and managed 3 bow and 1 laker while trolling an apex with a dipsy diver. Nothing too big. My friend landed a monster northernpike minnow and we had fun with some chub on the flyrod. Otherwise 3 weeks ago the water level was 10-20 feet higher than usual, and there was lots of debris.

Duster
07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
2 years ago at this time of year with the water high I was caught 9 salmon 8 of them were over 30 pounds and the one was about 20. Other than that I usually pull in at least a 15 pound laker every year around this time. Just gotta know where to go. Thanks for the info guys will keep you posted

Bigdad013
07-25-2012, 07:03 AM
The fishing is alright, I was out there and managed 3 bow and 1 laker while trolling an apex with a dipsy diver. Nothing too big. My friend landed a monster northernpike minnow and we had fun with some chub on the flyrod. Otherwise 3 weeks ago the water level was 10-20 feet higher than usual, and there was lots of debris.

It actually was only 5 ft higher than normal, it's dropping fast and the fishing should pick up quickly, well hopefully, as I am headed out again in 10 days for a couple of weeks.

Albertafisher
07-25-2012, 09:10 AM
It actually was only 5 ft higher than normal, it's dropping fast and the fishing should pick up quickly, well hopefully, as I am headed out again in 10 days for a couple of weeks.

Depends on what time you were there. Currently it might be only 5' higher than usual. But when I was there, it was much higher.

Bigdad013
07-25-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.shuswaplakewatch.com/peaks.html