PDA

View Full Version : calling lake limit once again

Booner1
07-23-2012, 08:00 AM
was out on Calling lake yesterday. this is the fifth time ive fished the lake this year and have yet to run into CO. for the second time now saw a couple fish that were 60 + cm taken from the lake and the guy who had them is totally under the influence that he can keep 3 fish over 43cm. Has anyone actually talked to a fish a feather while at the lake and asked them?

Drewski Canuck
07-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Haven't seen one yet this year. Maybe just lucky, but the monitoring sure is different now that the F & W guys are under the Solicitor General's department.

On a side note, lots of fish if it is cloudy and windy as it was yesterday AM. All sizes, some to 7 pds. Once it calms down and the heat turns on, the fish are moving from 12 FOW to 35 FOW and are not at all aggressive. This has been the pattern the last few weekends now.

Some algae, especially when the lake goes flat, but still lots of clean water on the north side. heavy rains will get the lake level up and flush out the algae this week.

Drewski

-JR-
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
So did you do your part and report this guy ??????

Kim473
07-24-2012, 05:48 AM
They will make a presance one day and he will get caught. Just a matter of time. What are the fines today? $1000 per fish and possibly all confiscated, including truck, boat etc... I remember three years ago they would be at the hiway every day checking. Not as often last year and seems less this year. It's a ploy! They are waiting for everyone to get comfortable and wam! will be out in full force every day. I remember three years ago, by two in the afternoon they would have 50 or more fish siezed in the back of their truck and still 25 boats on the water yet to get off at that exit.

Smokercraft
07-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Last year I seen the same guy every time I was at Calling (maybe 6 times). Younger guy, late 20's, usually with an old timer sitting in the truck. By the last few times he remebered me and would take a quick look and send me on my way. Definately one of the good fish cops out there.

This year I've only seen him once, loading his sea-doo into Rock Island on the July Long weekend. Considering what we saw at the lake that weekend I imagine he was busy that night...

gronk
07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I have only been to Calling twice this year. The first time they were set up by the entrance to the PP and stopping everyone leaving, but they miss the guys that have cabins that way. They definitely need to be on the water there. What they need to do is have one CO in plain clothes fishing in that pack of boats that's always there and texting a second CO of the violations. They might have to trade places after a while as the CO writing the violations up would get a nasty case of writers cramp.

Kim473
07-25-2012, 06:33 AM
I have only been to Calling twice this year. The first time they were set up by the entrance to the PP and stopping everyone leaving, but they miss the guys that have cabins that way. They definitely need to be on the water there. What they need to do is have one CO in plain clothes fishing in that pack of boats that's always there and texting a second CO of the violations. They might have to trade places after a while as the CO writing the violations up would get a nasty case of writers cramp.

And the other, Boat Butt !

Think they should put a couple of boats on that lake. But easier to measure fish on shore. They never ever looked in the tarped up boat for me, asked once but did'nt do it. Could have had 20 in there all over sized.

Saw once out there they had about 15 of them at the hiway. were checking all boats going all directions on the hiway so the cabin people do get checked a little. Allso the people coming from Rock island and wabasca. Think they need to do a better job checking tho as I said, I could have brought home many times 20 or more over sized under the tarp of the boat. Not worth the fines tho. Big $$$$