PDA

View Full Version : Failure to launch at Fawcett Lake

gronk
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Thought I wanted to try fawcett lake since its been 20 years or more since i fished it last, so on Sunday we headed out. We got to the launch on the East side started to back the boat in, and kept going and going and the bunks were still not in the water. The front on the truck was about 30 feet from where the concrete pads ended and the bottom was starting to get soft and as I didn't want to be one of those guys you see pictures of with their trucks buried off the end of the launch we dared not back in any further.

Anyone know what the launch is like on the west side? and how the fishin has been?

Still would like to fish it sometime, but the lake would have to come up by at least 8 inches to be able to use the east launch.

nast70
07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
We've always launched at the West side. Small boats can use the old launch at the pp, but big boats should use the launch by the store.

Kim473
07-24-2012, 05:59 AM
After this week of rain, you may get your 8" or more.

arnie_ab1
07-24-2012, 07:53 AM
West side by the store is the best and safer. I launched my 16 footer fiberglass boat and got no problem with it.

gronk
07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info. We will try it again but head to the west side this time. How was the fishing? Heard there are mostly under sized.

I should have mentioned that I wasn't trying to launch a big boat, she's just a 15' legend all sport.

pseelk
07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info. We will try it again but head to the west side this time. How was the fishing? Heard there are mostly under sized.

I should have mentioned that I wasn't trying to launch a big boat, she's just a 15' legend all sport.

We just got back from Fawcett on Suday,were there a week .We caught hundreds of walleye,several were 47-49 &7/8 cm.My wife caught the only keeper which was 55 cm.You have to use minnows there,You will catch the odd one with just jigs or rapallas,But the best is a minnow on a 1/4 oz jig head.The north shore seemed to be the best,although we did catch several on the south side as well.Goodluck.