PDA

View Full Version : wasa lake b.c.

waterninja
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
has antone ever been to or fished wasa lake? going elk hunting in sept. near there and i would also like to do some fishing in wasa but don't know anything about it. any first hand knowledge would be appreciated. thanks.

mooseknuckle
07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Was there last summer. Nice campsite. I did see some kids catching bass from shore. There were alot of water sport boats skiing wakeboarding. I didn't fish as the Mosquitos were crazy. Sorry not much help but there are bass in there.

trapshooter
07-24-2012, 01:04 AM
It is a good lake but lots of boaters, maybe in Sept there wont be as many!

waterninja
07-24-2012, 02:09 AM
thanks for the info guys. never fished bass and might try it out just for the experiance.

ViperV7
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Rec lake. Small lake lots of ski boats. I tried fishing it. Way to many boats.

bigrfish
07-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey Ninja
The wife and I camped there years ago and I caught some beauty brookies in Wasa creek.It is very small(but deep)Ask the locals they will point you in the right direction.Short hike from he campsite

1/2 oz Bucktail
07-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I was there early this month, the lake was flooded and the boat launch closed. There were alot of flooded out cabins.

I fished from shore a got a bunch of perch and some type of sunfish.

mosbos
07-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I have fished the area several times over the years. Premier lake is not that far away from Wasa and it is a beautiful lake to fish with a healthy population of 20"plus rainbows. i'd take that over Wasa unless you are targeting bass.

Woody_16
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't have a ton of BC fishing experience but from the fishing that I did do there this year, I would recommend driving a bit to either Surveyor's or Baynes Lakes. They are both south of Jaffrey and close to Koocanusa. You can sight fish for them and you will catch them all day long, but they won't be monsters by any means. Lots of nice trout lakes around too.. Whiteswan and Suzanne come to mind. All of these are roughly within an hour of Wasa. You may or may not know this but I'll throw it out there anyways. If you are an AB resident, the classified waters (streams and rivers) is not included in the basic license (which you already have to pay $60 for) and will cost you another $20/day (off the top of my head anyways, BC residents get it for something like $10/year).

streamer express
07-26-2012, 04:42 PM
wasa lake can be awsome bass fishing. landed a couple giants over the years. Majority of structure is off shore (mid lake humps, weed beds, drop offs). There is alot of boat traffic so mornings/evenings are best during summer, or see if you can locate some fish in one of the bays. I have had 30+ fish days on that lake with lots of 3,4,and 5lbers, some monster perch in there to.