PDA

View Full Version : ice shack question.

Fish face
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
I know its an off season question but no better time to build a permanent ice hut than summer in the yard. i have a new frabill tent and all the goodies that go with it. but myself and a couple buddies want to throw a shack with a woodstove in it on a lake this winter.we've never seen one on this lake. i know the rules on removal and all that but couldnt find specific regs on where im allowed or not allowed to put one. to the best i can figure i can put one on any lake as long as i do so safely and respectfully and remove it in a timely fashion. am i correct?

TJG
07-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I know its an off season question but no better time to build a permanent ice hut than summer in the yard. i have a new frabill tent and all the goodies that go with it. but myself and a couple buddies want to throw a shack with a woodstove in it on a lake this winter.we've never seen one on this lake. i know the rules on removal and all that but couldnt find specific regs on where im allowed or not allowed to put one. to the best i can figure i can put one on any lake as long as i do so safely and respectfully and remove it in a timely fashion. am i correct?

Yes u can unless the "local government", and i use that term lightly, has a bylaw stating differantly.

Fish face
07-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Great! let the construction begin.

Kim473
07-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Post pics of durring and end construction.

JohnnyD
07-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Just one thing to remember with permanent huts is they do require maintenance throughout the winter. From my experiences you will have to jack in up and put wood blocks underneath so the skis wont freeze into the ice. Usually just from the heat on the inside is enough to make the enough liquid ontop of the ice to freeze it onto the lake. Also make sure to put sections of chain off each corner of the hut to help keep it in the place during high winds.

mxer117
07-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Just one thing to remember with permanent huts is they do require maintenance throughout the winter. From my experiences you will have to jack in up and put wood blocks underneath so the skis wont freeze into the ice. Usually just from the heat on the inside is enough to make the enough liquid ontop of the ice to freeze it onto the lake. Also make sure to put sections of chain off each corner of the hut to help keep it in the place during high winds.

x2 - good tips

Jiffy10
07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
not sure of official regs. but ....

you wont have much problems if its reaaallll visable.

bright colors / with reflective corners etc. so the zooomers
on the sleds can see it clealy.

if ist in good maintained condition it seems the you will get less
hassle. Ive seem some permanents with phone #'s on the side
of them . This shows you will be resposible if anything should
happen. its in your best interest to do so.

good idea , as mentioned before , to throw a couple of chunks of
cut firewood under each corner when you leave for the day.

it will save you from freezin in .... skids will last longer also,

see you on the ice........ good luck with your project