PDA

View Full Version : Jasper National Park

pabloamigo
07-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey a couple questions about going into the park.

How do I get a park licence and what is the cost?
Do I need my Alberta licence as well to buy it?
Anything else I should need to know?

smitty9
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/visit/visit14a.aspx

Daily Fee: $9.80 , Annual $34.30

They don't care if you have a provincial license; totally separate entities.

You do need a Parks pass for your vehicle:

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/visit/tarifs_fees_e.asp?park=3

If you're fishing, Maligne is a must. I'm sure Speckle55 can or has given lots of info here. After Maligne, I like Moab and Valley of the Five (5th lake). I think very few streams are fish-able right now.

Good Luck!
Smitty

Speckle55
07-24-2012, 08:55 PM
you can get the at Pocahontas Cabins on hi-way 16 or in the town site at Online sports..Trail Office
no you don,t need your alberta fishing permit

but you may need your drivers

cost 34.30 for year

was just there today to Jasper all ther rivers are a blow out /bad brown

David:)

Shawnlh
07-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Is Maligne worth the trip this year?

Speckle55
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Is Maligne worth the trip this year?

Yes its tougher now but its still fishing ok do you have any experince on Malinge and all the equipment.. they were catching in Rainbow ally last time i was up.. we went down further and trolled in 13 but lost quite a few and missed lots of hits but thats fishing

the view and beauty is worth the trip ..search Maligne on here i post some info on guide etc and pic's of trips as have others who now are hooked on Maligne .. but i am bias:sHa_shakeshout:

Shawnlh
07-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes its tougher now but its still fishing ok do you have any experince on Malinge and all the equipment.. they were catching in Rainbow ally last time i was up.. we went down further and trolled in 13 but lost quite a few and missed lots of hits but thats fishing

the view and beauty is worth the trip ..search Maligne on here i post some info on guide etc and pic's of trips as have others who now are hooked on Maligne .. but i am bias:sHa_shakeshout:

Never been there, but I was wanting to plan a 3-4 day trip somewhere. I've been trying to figure out a mountain lake fishing adventure, and after way to many hours on the 'puter, Maligne kept popping up. Being from Med. Hat I'm use to 30+ fish days on our trout ponds, some ridiculously large (Bullshead for example...my best is 29" this year:)). I know the scenery is impossible to beat up there, but I need to land a few fish in a day to be content. Hence my original question.

linemanpete
07-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Electric powered motors only in the National Park correct?

Speckle55
07-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Electric powered motors only in the National Park correct?

yes :)

smitty9
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Most lakes either ban motors completely or are electric only, like Maligne.

However, Pyramid lake does allow gas motors.

Smitty

Speckle55
07-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Never been there, but I was wanting to plan a 3-4 day trip somewhere. I've been trying to figure out a mountain lake fishing adventure, and after way to many hours on the 'puter, Maligne kept popping up. Being from Med. Hat I'm use to 30+ fish days on our trout ponds, some ridiculously large (Bullshead for example...my best is 29" this year:)). I know the scenery is impossible to beat up there, but I need to land a few fish in a day to be content. Hence my original question.
You will get your fish then need to work the shore line in 8fow now to 20 fow .. i used to use flatfish also and do very well.. but raps are what i use now and hotshots .. the river will be coming in very dirty and the lake is very high so it makes it slower but you will see them rising in spots so work that area in figure eights or round and round with lots of S turns and speed changes..

Hope this helps

Shawnlh
07-25-2012, 09:27 AM
You will get your fish then need to work the shore line in 8fow now to 20 fow .. i used to use flatfish also and do very well.. but raps are what i use now and hotshots .. the river will be coming in very dirty and the lake is very high so it makes it slower but you will see them rising in spots so work that area in figure eights or round and round with lots of S turns and speed changes..

Hope this helps

Thanks for the tips. Any chance I could use a fly rod in that lake?

McLeod
07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Most lakes either ban motors completely or are electric only, like Maligne.

However, Pyramid lake does allow gas motors.

Smitty

No gas motors !

smitty9
07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
No gas motors !

News to me! Some of those websites better update their info...when did they stop allowing gas motors on Pyramid? :)

Just curious,
Smitty

Speckle55
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
News to me! Some of those websites better update their info...when did they stop allowing gas motors on Pyramid? :)

Just curious,
Smitty

its been years now about 11 but the some website's still say you can except Jasper National Parks