PDA

View Full Version : Info on north raven please

sirk
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Just had my first kid a month ago. Baby girl. It's been amazing but I have a free pass to go fishing Saturday. I was thinking of hitting stauffer, has any been there lately? Is it good or should I go downstream of Dickson dam. Thanks for any replies! I'm really excited to get out for a day. I'm going to go with 2 other friends but anyone else is welcome to join.

Cheers
Chris

fishman
07-25-2012, 02:42 PM
you can go to government site and monitor water flow i seen the red deer river yesterday in town and it was dirty........stauffer might be ok depending where u go as that one farmer field seems to put mud in the creek

maclennanchris
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Fish Stauffer solo...them some spooky trout.

BigA
07-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Just had my first kid a month ago. Baby girl. It's been amazing but I have a free pass to go fishing Saturday. I was thinking of hitting stauffer, has any been there lately? Is it good or should I go downstream of Dickson dam. Thanks for any replies! I'm really excited to get out for a day. I'm going to go with 2 other friends but anyone else is welcome to join.

Cheers
Chris

Congrats on the kid!!!!

fluxcore
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
It's spring fed so clarity is almost always great (I've never had an issue) I was there about two weeks ago and it's growing in very fast this year with all the rain, trying to wade downstream is almost impossible with these spooky fish. If you don't have a path wading upstream is your best option and take it slow fishing all overhanging banks, the fish per k is insane,,,,,,, their in there and 10lb brown is not unheard of. Small creek with little room to back cast so brush up on the rod before heading out ;)

sirk
07-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks so much for the info! I'm going with 3 other guys now( not by choice). If I do stauffer I will be sure to be in front. Haha. Or I might just go to the ram or black stone thanks!

AbAngler
07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Most streams in that area are pretty clear right now.

Sedativ3
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Was just downstream of the damn on the weekend and fishing was great, water was extremely clear, Nailed 4 species. Blackstone is always a great choice as well but if your wanting to stay close the red deer is fishing well.

fishman
07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
four guys on stauffer not my choice with 3 other friends that is for sure

sirk
07-26-2012, 05:34 PM
four guys on stauffer not my choice with 3 other friends that is for sure

Agreed. 4 is to much. I'll try and hit something bigger. Probly RDR.