PDA

View Full Version : How high is the NSR right now within city limits?

Graffy91
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
While I was fishing it yesterday it came up a good foot from where I was for 4 hrs.

Wondering if Whitemud creek will be fishable tonight.

Any verdicts?

Don't even care if im catching suckers either, wanna take the girlfriend out. :)

crazyperch
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
As of 1pm the river is at 5.123M Deep and flowing at 716.191m3/s

Normals is around 3.5M-4.0M Deep and around 350m3/s - 450m3/s

Im heading out as well to a different spot but im not expecting to get much. it will just be nice to get out.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-25-2012, 04:26 PM
lets put it like this I chucked out 8 0z and it doesnt stick . Water is very high and fast I was down at one of my spots this morning water was high I went back around 2 and it had raised about a foot to foot and a half in that time . Im gonna go check it out this evening and Im sure parking lot will be under water .

Cad-Tech
07-25-2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.environment.alberta.ca/apps/basins/Map.aspx?Basin=4&DataType=1
Here is a more useful answer to your question.

Graffy91
07-25-2012, 04:35 PM
lets put it like this I chucked out 8 0z and it doesnt stick . Water is very high and fast I was down at one of my spots this morning water was high I went back around 2 and it had raised about a foot to foot and a half in that time . Im gonna go check it out this evening and Im sure parking lot will be under water .

Hmm...

When I was catching walleye like crazy at Whitemud it was up a good 2 feet from what its been the last 2 weeks...

Maybe it would be a good idea to go check it out?... :thinking-006:

Cad-Tech
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Hmm...

When I was catching walleye like crazy at Whitemud it was up a good 2 feet from what its been the last 2 weeks...

Maybe it would be a good idea to go check it out?... :thinking-006:
Good attitude and changing your set up will produce fish. There is more to fishing than putting a lead weight on the bottom and sitting in chair waiting for the fish to bite. Good Luck there.........

Graffy91
07-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Good attitude and changing your set up will produce fish. There is more to fishing than putting a lead weight on the bottom and sitting in chair waiting for the fish to bite. Good Luck there.........

Well I know within that creek it's still, DEEP water.

Gonna ask her and see if she wants to go, :P

CPT_420
07-25-2012, 04:49 PM

Lol couldn't have said it better myself. If you change your style a little, you can almost catch more walleye when the river is like this than when it"s normal.

BBJ, try moving up to a 16oz weight and 325pound test line, that should stick a lil better and give you a solid days fishin! GL!

Cad-Tech
07-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Lol couldn't have said it better myself. If you change your style a little, you can almost catch more walleye when the river is like this than when it"s normal.

BBJ, try moving up to a 16oz weight and 325pound test line, that should stick a lil better and give you a solid days fishin! GL!
X2 I thought he used 500 pound test tied to winch on the front of the BBJ mobile fishing truck......lol...........lol........lol........... lol...........

Graffy91
07-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Well I can certainly say I hope it isn't busy out there tonight, which I don't think it will be. :D

NSRfishing
07-25-2012, 07:47 PM
A slow moving low pressure system brought 90 to 110 mm of precipitation to the Grande
Cache, Hinton, Jasper, Edson and Whitecourt regions with some locally higher amounts. The
system has moved into Saskatchewan, however some isolated showers are forecast for central
Alberta over the next few days.

A High Streamflow Advisory has been issued for the North Saskatchewan River. River levels
have risen due to the precipitation event over the past few days and are expected to rise and
peak over the next few days.

http://www.environment.alberta.ca/forecasting/ForecastersComments/index.html

Alberta Bigbore
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
X2 I thought he used 500 pound test tied to winch on the front of the BBJ mobile fishing truck......lol...........lol........lol........... lol...........

Well no ...... Paul, that would be located on the rear.:test:

THERICARDO
07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I was there ysterday from 4 - 930 and was pretty busy all evening... fished along the creek close to where it flows into river and water kept rising as we were there. We caught 2 suckers and 3 walleye and people next to us caught 5-6 fish also.

Asian family across on other side also caught 4 or 5 fish while we were fishing also...

Graffy91
07-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I was there ysterday from 4 - 930 and was pretty busy all evening... fished along the creek close to where it flows into river and water kept rising as we were there. We caught 2 suckers and 3 walleye and people next to us caught 5-6 fish also.

Asian family across on other side also caught 4 or 5 fish while we were fishing also...

I was there from 2-630, caught 10 suckers.

Didn't see you!

THERICARDO
07-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I was with my daughter, was 2 groups right next to mouth of creek( about 5- 6 people. Couple guys left the corner and an older couple took the spot right away. Was a single guy fishing across the creek using rigs and then was casting jigs towards our side for about 45 mins before he left. Asian family was fishing in the creek until he left and they took over his spot and started catching fish

Safety D
07-27-2012, 07:29 AM
50 street launchis completely underwater

THERICARDO
07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Went again yesterday and water was all the way up to the picnic table when we arrived and shore is a mess with mud everywhere.

Still caught a few suckers so was still better than being at home in the evening

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-27-2012, 12:36 PM

You guys are bang on . Do what you gotta do , nice to see you back Shawn .

tysonlazo2
07-27-2012, 10:39 PM
if theres no more rain how do u guys think it will be on sunday ?