PDA

View Full Version : McGregor???

ryisnky
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Heading to McGregor on Sat, any one been there lately? Have never fished there before; thought we would give it a try. Going to try to concentrate on walleye if we can. Any info your willing to give out would be appreciated, Thanks!

rielbowhunter
07-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I have had good luck there fishing bottom bouncers with blades and minnows. try straight across from the boat launch. 14'-24' deep.

fishingmaster2097
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Could you please PM me and tell me how you do there. I was also wondering the same question, i might go try there soon. Are you from shore or in a boat?

ryisnky
07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
We will be in a boat. Forsure I will let you know how we make out!

Rick.
07-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I go there quite often (last time on Sunday) and the fishing has been really good. Like the previous poster said bottom bounce with minnows. Been getting most hits around 25 - 27 feet but have had some hits at 7 feet while trolling cranks for pike. The further you get from Milo the less boats you will see. Also I would agree if at Milo camp ground straight across from the launch but as you go south ( approx. ten miles) walleye seem to be more concentrated on the west side. Pike seem to be all over the place. Best of luck. Rick.

ryisnky
08-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys; fishing @ McGregor was pretty good!!