PDA

View Full Version : New to Alberta where to go?

Reddevill
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Staying away from rivers, due to the heavy rain fall. Where would you go within 2 - 2.5 hrs of Edmonton to fish and camp? Any lake and fish types are fine. I catch and release. Hope to leave tommorow morning (Thursday and weather depending back Sunday / Monday)

Gust
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Check the fishing partner posts at the top of the thread list and see if anyone is going to wamamanamumnum lake, or search regular postts like nsr.

HunterDave
07-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Camping & fishing = Carson Pegasus Provincial Park up near Whitecourt for rainbow trout. It's about a 1.5 to 2 hour drive.

Kim473
07-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Staying away from rivers, due to the heavy rain fall. Where would you go within 2 - 2.5 hrs of Edmonton to fish and camp? Any lake and fish types are fine. I catch and release. Hope to leave tommorow morning (Thursday and weather depending back Sunday / Monday)

Pinehurst! While there you can stop in at Elinor for a while but camp at Pinehurst.

mikeym
07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
lots of nice lakes around Edmonton.

Wabamun for huge pike
Lesser Slave for walleye
Lac La Biche area (tons of lakes with pike, walleye and perch)
Smoke or Iosogun by Fox Creek for walleye and pike
South Buck Lake for walleye and pike
Fish/Shunda Lake by Nordegg for trout
Fairfax by Robb for trout
Emerson by Edson for trout
Pierre Grey Lakes by Grand Cache for trout

these are just a few of the lakes that i have fished that have nice campgrounds and really decent fishing.

pick an area and go and explore.

rgds
Mike

SnoochyBoochy
07-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I would say Lesser Slave also. Was their for a few days and let me tell you the Eye's are tasting excellent!!!

Marten River Campground, Cant go wrong!!! No boats, Hot water showers and a long beach.

Cheers
Snooch :acigar:

NSRfishing
07-26-2012, 01:21 PM
do you have a boat?

Reddevill
07-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks all for the input, I had one of the best 2 days fishing of my life! Lost count of the wally's, well over 50 and most over 2lbs, biggest was 3.2 lbs. Caught some pretty nice Jack's as well! Nice to see such healthy fish. Can't wait to get out again, probably going early or mid week. Not sure where yet. I am planning on getting a better boat for next year, right now I am using a 4 man inflatable, and i rowed / trolled most of the time. Caught more fish than the fortunate fellow's with 20k plus boats lol. Shoulders are a little tender though! By the way I was fishing in the Lac La Biche area. Got back late last night, big storm came in so i hi-tailed it out of there. Here are a few pic's.

Kim473
07-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Where are the pics?

Walleyemagnet
07-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Rock Island is nice. Cool wilderness lake, nice campground. Good quality fish and a bit more challenging to catch. Enjoy!