PDA

View Full Version : Preimer Lake B.C.

Troutguy
07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I am going to preimer lake bc in mid Aug. I have a zodiac and a 7.5 Merc,just wondering what i should use there to catch them? I know it is a stocked trout lake. Anyone with previous experience and ideas,anything will help me. Thanks

Wes_G
07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I am going to preimer lake bc in mid Aug. I have a zodiac and a 7.5 Merc,just wondering what i should use there to catch them? I know it is a stocked trout lake. Anyone with previous experience and ideas,anything will help me. Thanks

Since knowone else has answered....

You fly fishing or spin fishing?

Most times I have been out there guys just seem to sit there and chinonomid fish. I am way to impatient for that so i usually just paddled the float tube around pulling around damsel imitations, or black or olive wooly buggers. I never seemed to have to much trouble catching them. The key was to get down off the surface though. I usually fished a 10' sink tip with a couple split shot on as well. O have also spin fished the very north end of the lake later in the season, I think it wasa round late september. I just stood on the front of the boat casting towards shore with small spoons while the others in the boat trolled. I did much better then they did. In the heat of the summer, its probably a different story though.

hiddenwalleye
07-27-2012, 11:39 AM
:)..Was just there, the Water table is HIGH, no beach, it's right into the tree's at the Picnic area, what for deadheads, this will effect your fishing, go DEEP!!

Tight Lines

HW

:acigar:

Kingfisher
07-28-2012, 12:00 AM
A buddy of mine was just out there. He said the same thing. Water is very high. Not to say you can't still catch fish though.

Try a damsel or a dragon fly nymph imitation (goomphus) or a leech pattern.

Rob

Troutguy
07-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the replys :)