PDA

View Full Version : Incomappleaux river

jriad
07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever fished this river for bulls?

The Fisherman Guy
07-27-2012, 12:38 AM
The Incomappleux can be a very fast flowing river during certain times of the year, friends of mine have nearly drowned on that river trying to run it in a canoe on a fishing trip.

If you are planning on heading out that way and chasing bulls, you are better off fishing the Akokolex and Colombia. They have had so much rain out there this year that the dam has been overflowing and the volume of water has been very high. Local friends tell me that 27/30 days in June there was rain in that valley.

If you know the area, the Colombia is closed year round on the upstream side of the Hwy 1 bridge. However with all this heavy flow, local theory is that many of the fish which are normally stacked up under the dam have been pushed down past the bridge. Your best bet is to capitalize on this unique high flow year and focus below the Hwy 1 bridge. The confluence of the Akokolex and Colombia has been producing more fish than usual this year. Buck tails and spoons have been catching fish.

Good luck out there and post some pics for us guys stuck at work and wishing we could be out there.

jriad
07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Only reason I want to try the Incom is it proximity to out land on the Beaton arm. No intentions of floating it just hike up an fish. Plus would love to see some of the rainforest.