PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna/Vernon area fishing?

buckman
07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Headed out there next week for a few days,never fished the area,anyone have any suggestions on a couple of spots.

Thanks in advance, Buck

Buckeye jr
07-27-2012, 04:25 PM
If you have access to a boat, I have done well trolling wedding bands and maggots for Kokanee salmon and Rainbows on Wood Lake or Kalamalka Lake, even on Okanogan Lake. If you would like to do some higher mountain lake fishing, go up Beaver Lake road and fish either the Dee lake chain or Beaver Lake. Oyama Lake may also be worth a try.

Kingfisher
07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Just be damn sure you have all your safety stuff with you as they have had lots of checks already this summer. They have been handing out tickets this summer instead of warnings. The one thing they have been getting even the most prepared person is the waterproof flashlight that "WORKS". Lots of those small safety kits have a flashlight in them. But most of them don't seem to work. So check your batteries and that the light works. Also make sure you carry your boaters card. They are checking for them.

As Buckeye mentioned the Dee lake chain is always worth a trip. Try Aberdeen or Haddow or Doreen.

Good luck
Rob

buckman
07-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks lots guys,

Buck

Shovelhead 74
07-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Justgot back tonight from Wood Lake. No run ins on safety checks, but I believe I had it all covered. Saw regulars fishing in certain areas each morning and evening. Seem to troll an East -West pattern straight out from a
large Crane on a barge. It is located on the east side about mid lake.... can't miss it.
Cheers and have fun!