super mario
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Iwent today with my friend with his brend new boat Fishing was good

tysonlazo2
07-28-2012, 07:01 PM
haaa wish the fishing was still as good as 5 years ago :l

Walleyemagnet
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
The very first fish my son ever caught was a nice fat 7lb walleye at Calling 5yrs ago. You could pretty much guarantee yourself that you'd catch several 7-10 pounders on any given day. This lake was once rated in the top 10 in the entire country. There are quite a few theories about what happened to this lake but I'm no biologist. I find it quite baffling how such a fantastic lake can go down the toilet in such a short timespan. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but it's nowhere near what it was only 5yrs ago.

Booner1
07-30-2012, 08:17 AM
walleyemagnet. you hit the nail on the head id say 8-9 years ago was the best as you could catch up to 12 lbers and at least 5 or 6 that weighed 8 plus per day but i did see alot of people keeping huge fish. but even while we were fishing out the big one you still caught them now after this 3 or so year trial and we throw back all the big ones they are getting smaller.

Lefty-Canuck
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Many lakes around here that hold walleye used to be way better.....Pigeon Lake ring a bell? :)

Pigeon used to have some hogs in it and it wasn't a stretch to hammer an 8-10 pounder.....if you were lucky you could catch a 12 pound walleye.

LC