PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore Res. why do you hate me!?

Abbydel
07-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi all, so my wife and I hit Glenmore Res. in the canoe the other night. We were out there for nearly 3 hours without even a bite! The kicker? The fish were literally leaping out of the water all around us! They were mocking us! Haha

Any advice on fishing this area? We were anchored near the shore and Tried jigs , gulp alive minnows, floating rapala minnow deal and even a rubber frog or two when the desperation was setting in.

Any advice on glenmore would be really appreciated!

Brooneg
07-29-2012, 12:09 AM
personally I think people buy the fish at Safeway and then hook them to their lines and pull them in just to say "look what I caught" Cause I have never gotten a bite at the res. :'(

Mike

Mish@
07-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi all, so my wife and I hit Glenmore Res. in the canoe the other night. We were out there for nearly 3 hours without even a bite! The kicker? The fish were literally leaping out of the water all around us! They were mocking us! Haha

Any advice on fishing this area? We were anchored near the shore and Tried jigs , gulp alive minnows, floating rapala minnow deal and even a rubber frog or two when the desperation was setting in.

Any advice on glenmore would be really appreciated!

Put a fly on lol

slivers86
07-29-2012, 05:45 AM
I've had no luck there either. Going to take the fly rod out there one evening though, and see what happens. There must be fish in that res for me.

Gust
07-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Put a fly on lol

Bingo,, if you gotta a c'noe drag around a small fluffy streamer thats blueish or a tiny little bug,, scud tiny. Its also the hwight of summer and requires mucho patience,,, try trolling a smelt dyed with food colouring, try red then a bit of blue here and there.

BeeGuy
07-29-2012, 08:18 PM
I have never seen a fly fisher land or hook a fish at glenmore.

I've seen plenty landed on spoons and cranks and of course, smelts.

fish&fry04
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Put a fly on lol

x2......when fish are up, hooks should be up too, not rising - start spinning.

NSRfishing
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Fly fishers think they. Know best ol im in oklahoma screwing the best caught with spoon eh lol i am best i am scaffolder

BeeGuy
07-29-2012, 09:44 PM
fly fishers think they. Know best ol im in oklahoma screwing the best caught with spoon eh lol i am best i am scaffolder

pui?

jacenbeers
07-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Fly fishers think they. Know best ol im in oklahoma screwing the best caught with spoon eh lol i am best i am scaffolder

Were you drunk when you typed this because I dont think any of us have any clue what you were trying to say?

johann_seb
07-29-2012, 10:21 PM

K, here's the new AO game : Punctuate That Sentence!

My guess :

"Flyfishers think they know best. (l)ol. I'm in Oklahoma, screwing the best. Caught with a spoon, eh ? lol. I am best. I am scaffolder. I am Sparta !"

desol
07-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Rainbows, eating off the top. Like they do every night.

You'll never catch rising trout with a spinning rod. You need to learn to flyfish for rising fish. Once you get the hang of it believe me....you'll never look back. I remember wondering this same thing before i started flyfishing ...."why can't i catch these fish, they're jumping everywhere?"

These days, i'm pulling in 8 to 10 them on caddis fly's....in an hour or less.

BeeGuy
07-29-2012, 11:10 PM

You'll never catch rising trout with a spinning rod. You need to learn to flyfish for rising fish. Once you get the hang of it believe me....you'll never look back. I remember wondering this same thing before i started flyfishing ...."why can't i catch these fish, they're jumping everywhere?"

Pics?

Gust
07-29-2012, 11:18 PM

Enlighten me please,, this thing you call fly fis hing? Is it ne.

Streamers used to work in april but now thanks to dipundles who want to venture on the ice, well may is the opener now.

I dont know why I never try mealworms or maggots there?

BeeGuy
07-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Enlighten me please,, this thing you call fly fis hing? Is it ne.

Streamers used to work in april but now thanks to dipundles who want to venture on the ice, well may is the opener now.

I dont know why I never try mealworms or maggots there?

Never had any luck on either.

deepfried
07-30-2012, 01:34 AM

:sign0085:

jeprli
07-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Mealworms&maggots would work good on HP side(east) plenty of perch and odd whitefish to be had.

Can anyone explain if trout are just sipping flies of surface, or is it more like chasing minnows? for later suspended baits work wonders with looooooooooong pauses on retrieve. Cast it right into the "boil" after you see it.

Gust
07-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Mealworms&maggots would work good on HP side(east) plenty of perch and odd whitefish to be had.

Can anyone explain if trout are just sipping flies of surface, or is it more like chasing minnows? for later suspended baits work wonders with looooooooooong pauses on retrieve. Cast it right into the "boil" after you see it.

Seriously, you sgould write a book on the rez,, didnt see you out this year, but i'm giessing in 2 years you'll be introducing your child to fishing.

Bigdad013
07-30-2012, 08:45 AM
It's been many years since we fished glenmore from a canoe, but we had great success just pulling a mepps. We would easily catch 20-30 fish in an afternoon, mostly pike, but every now and then get a nice rainbow on.

jeprli
07-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Yup in a couple years i'll be there on a regular basis, junior loves water :)

Been to rez only three times this year, caught too many hammerhandles and gave up on it for a while, i'll hit it again end of august through september. Did a bike run around it when water was at its lowest, marked some offshore humps that i've missed before, will give em a try later on. My dad had a decent trout by the island right after the opener, old man never handled a big trout before and lost him at shore. He's got the bug now.

TheLegend
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
K, here's the new AO game : Punctuate That Sentence!

My guess :

"Flyfishers think they know best. (l)ol. I'm in Oklahoma, screwing the best. Caught with a spoon, eh ? lol. I am best. I am scaffolder. I am Sparta !"

LOL :sHa_shakeshout:

Burns
07-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I've had some luck with just the old 5 o' diamonds for pike and trout. Some days it works, most days it doesn't.

Bow flyman
07-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Those rising fish are most likely brown trout. In this fishery, they can be notoriously difficult to catch. But, if you get lucky, and hit it on the right day in the summer, you can catch a bunch of these 14-18 inch risers on a variety of lures...IF they are in the biting mood. That certainly doesnt happen every day.

Gust
07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
you call fly fis hing? Is it ne.http://www.anuz.info/jie5.jpg

Touch typing is the bane to my interwebbing pleasure.