PDA

View Full Version : Twin Valley Travers conditions

Duster
04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Does anybody know if the ice is off of Twin Valley or Travers? Thanks

cujo1969
04-16-2008, 09:20 PM
not sure on them 2 but mcgregor still all covered couple weeks yet.

dodger
04-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Duster have you found out if the ice is off Twin Valley? I would like to get the boat out after this crappy weather is done.
Dodger.

Duster
04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
From what i was told on a different post, is that Twin valley and travers are free of ice, from my understanding, Now i never heard anything about the boat launch, Im waiting to here back if the bay is still frozen where the boat launch is. A guy said he fished and did good, so i hope shes ready for the boat as soon as this crappy weather leaves.

dodger
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Rumor has it that next weekend were back at +15. The boat launch there can be pretty muddy because of it being at the bottom of a coulee. I was there earlier in the season to let the dog run around and even though up top it was dry it was a mud bog down there. This snow may leave it a bit sloppy at the launch.:(
Dodger.

jrs
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Have fun in that coulee if you make it out. I can see that getting a bit sticky after this snow.

Buckwheat
04-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Where exactly is twin valley. Couldn't find the southern one in the reg's. I believe its cose to Nanton?

dodger
04-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Buckwheat.
It's South of Nanton about 15km then you head East on the 529. The lake is not in the regs as it is open year round and you use the general regs for PP1. Here's some info for everyone else, I just had my ***** handed to me on another forum because I mentioned that earlier in the week that the lunch was a mud bog. Apparently it is now dry and good to go. I did not take my boat because I never thought the launch would be ready to use this weekend, but I did catch a dozen small ones with the fly rod from shore where I have access.
Dodger.

Buckwheat
04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks Dodger. Might have to try it out this year.