PDA

View Full Version : bowtech

7 REM MAG
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
just wondering who shoots it and how you like it, Whats the difference between the general commander and guardian, shpk has them listed for the same price

Fletch10
04-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I can only talk about the guardian and general. The general is 2007 model. The guardian is a very similar bow bow a bit slower speed. The guardian in my opinion is a much smoother bow to shoot. But besides those the guardian and the general are the same just different years models.

wctbowtech
04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
The general is smoother than the guardian in my opinion. Slightly slower though.

nekred
04-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I have shot them all and the general is the smoothest and slowest

Guardian and commander both feel good and for my dra length the guardian is faster and thus better for 3D. The longer length of the Commander makes it a bit more stable and less string pinch and would be a good target bow for me.

They are all good quality and nice to shoot and the new riser/limb style make them very shock free and what I like best about themis the way they point and hold!... very stable bows.

I used my guardian for indoor target this year and the bow worked well!...

johnnyringo
04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Brace height & speed are the big differences.

seamushunter
04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
The general is the 2008 model amd the gaurdian is unchanged,no need. I bought mine from Nova Scotia for $700 + 20 for shipping + tax. Nice bow.

i

Sakoman
04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
I own a Guardian and have shot the General and have only held the Old Glory.

General is the slowest and the smoothest great hunting bow and I would have bought it but to me the extra speed of the Guardian did it for me, Although there is very little difference in speed. There is also very little differnce in hand shock also. Depending what you want it for I doubt you could go wrong with any of them.

Albertabowhunter
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I have an Allegiance, and have put money down on an 82nd.

Both the bows your asking about are very good bows and neither should let you down. Smoth, quiet, but a little on hte heavier side I found. THats why I went with the ones I did.... Allegiance for the field, 82nd for 3D

Renslip
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I have an 05 Allegiance and two 07 Guardians. Guardians are amazing bows, very smooth and no torque. Have shot almost all that Bowtech has to offer. . The new General and 82nd are also very nice bows. My opion but Bowtech is a great bow, solid wall with great performance.