PDA

View Full Version : Headin to Revelstoke...

The Great White Hype
07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Well, this weekend off to Revelstoke... The ol' lady is going to play ball and I am thinkin I will head out for some fishin. Now of course, it will be shore fishing.

Anyone tell me about some nice places to fish around there??

hardcorefishing
07-30-2012, 09:48 PM
try upper arrow lake. about 20 min drive towards the ferry crossing. caught lots of kokanee's, dolly varden and rainbows oh and what they call a pikeminnow. took me a while to figure what type of fish i caught there. since bc doesnt allow you to use minnows. i just used a 5 diamond spoon. from what i remember your allowed to keep 5 fishes from there. kokanee's are pretty small, but everything else was from 1 lb to 8 lbs for the 3 days i was there staying at halcyon hot springs(other side of the ferry).
thats the closest place that i can think of for you to go fishing since you cant fish close to revelstoke from what i read in the regulation book. hope that helps and enjoy your time there.

The Fisherman Guy
07-30-2012, 10:25 PM
The water has been running high near Revelstoke. Under the Hwy 1 bridge over the Columbia in Revvy, only on the downstream side is open.

Spoons, bucktails and Lyman plugs will get you into Cutthroat, Dollies, and Rainbows.

There is also a good spot across the street from the baseball diamonds, by the boat launch. Deep pool where the river makes a hard right. Keep your lure off bottom, or you will lose it.

Good luck, and have a burger and shake at the Nomad for me.

The Great White Hype
07-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks all!

marlin1
07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
The water has been running high near Revelstoke. Under the Hwy 1 bridge over the Columbia in Revvy, only on the downstream side is open.

Spoons, bucktails and Lyman plugs will get you into Cutthroat, Dollies, and Rainbows.

There is also a good spot across the street from the baseball diamonds, by the boat launch. Deep pool where the river makes a hard right. Keep your lure off bottom, or you will lose it.

Good luck, and have a burger and shake at the Nomad for me.

just came through Revelstoke , X2 on the Nomad , awesome burgers , and burritos . Water still high