PDA

View Full Version : Shuswap long weekend info

lukin09
07-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone, heading to Shuswap area to do some fishing this weekend. Just finished making my poor-mans downriggers and getting the boat outfitted to troll for rainbows and lakers. Never been to the area before and was just looking for some info on a good place to camp, launch the boat, fish etc. I've done the searching through the forum and have a pretty good idea of what to do, just looking for any additional information. I realize its the long weekend and camping at provincial parks is probably out of the question. Just looking for somewhere not over-run with RV's to pitch a tent. Thanks!

lukin09
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
bump?

mountain_man
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
If you are looking to go away from RV's, load the boat with all of your gear and head out to one of the many Marine Parks on the lake. My family and I use to load the boat with 2 weeks of supplies and ourselves and head out to Anstey View Campsite, up past the narrows on Anstey Arm of the lake. That is the one we liked but there are lots of options for this type of camping. They have covered picnic table and outhouses, and there is usually only 5 - 10 sites at each location, so not a big crowd!!

Bigdad013
08-01-2012, 03:00 PM
It will be tough to find a spot this weekend I'm thinking, especially the campgrounds on the water. An option is, there are a couple of campgrounds just east of sicamous, along the eagle river, usually they have spots open. 5 min drive into sicamous and the boat launch.

lukin09
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
thanks very much for the info. We are thinking of trying one of the water access only campgrounds, hope there are some spots available!

justinO
08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
How long are you going for? Please give a report when you get back.
Good Luck

hiddenwalleye
08-01-2012, 05:35 PM
:)..The CAMPGROUNDS ARE THE KOA and Cedars!!!

Tight Lines

HW

:acigar: