PDA

View Full Version : 15hp force parts (1992)

Lahey99
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Hey guys I have a 1992 force 15 hp motor on my 12ft alum and had it out last weekend and guess what .... The tiller handle broke off! Throttle works still just the bracket that attaches to the body of the motor with 2 bolts (bracket looks like aluminum or pot metal??) worse part is, is that the crack goes right threw where the bolts thread into( leaving it useless to weld back together) also the body of the motor is steel and the handle part is what I described above..... Part is obsolete.....any suggestions??

bloopbloob
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey guys I have a 1992 force 15 hp motor on my 12ft alum and had it out last weekend and guess what .... The tiller handle broke off! Throttle works still just the bracket that attaches to the body of the motor with 2 bolts (bracket looks like aluminum or pot metal??) worse part is, is that the crack goes right threw where the bolts thread into( leaving it useless to weld back together) also the body of the motor is steel and the handle part is what I described above..... Part is obsolete.....any suggestions??

It could still be welded, then drill and tap

Lahey99
08-04-2012, 09:45 PM
It could still be welded, then drill and tap

I couldn't get the pot metal to weld well..... I have a bit of home taught Welding experience but nothing professional by anymeans....just can't see a solution for the issue unless I'm jut a terrible welder. Which could be a part of the problem.

harrydude
08-04-2012, 10:49 PM
We're are u located

Lahey99
08-05-2012, 06:46 PM
We're are u located

West edmontOn