PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake Marten river campsite

arnie_ab1
08-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Going to camp at Marten rive in two weeks and never fish and camp here before. Where's the right spot for fishing on this side of the lake? I am taking my aluminum boat for fishing any info would be great. Thanks!

hiddenwalleye
08-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Great spot to fish, I just come out of the river and go left in 12-14ft of water and troll Wally Divers, the fire tiger and perch patterns and chartreuse colors work really well..!!....Lots of fish as they don't get worked like other spots!!!

Tight Lines

HW

:acigar:

arnie_ab1
08-02-2012, 12:17 PM
is there any boat launch there and is it gas motor allowed?

Norpike
08-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Slave has some of the best fishing in the province. Yes 12'-14' of water and use just about anything, trolling works best. Havent been to marten in years, not sure about the boat launch. Gas motors are fine.

arnie_ab1
08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks Guys for the info!

AppleJax
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Going to camp at Marten rive in two weeks and never fish and camp here before. Where's the right spot for fishing on this side of the lake? I am taking my aluminum boat for fishing any info would be great. Thanks!

There is a private boatlaunch at Diamond Willow resort where the river mouth is. You might have to hand bomb it from the Provincial Park. As for fishing just like everyone else has suggested. Good luck!