PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Caroline/spruceview?

Andrew
08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Im spending a few days vacation near the Caroline/spruceview/eckville area. Anyone have some general places in the area where I could possibly get into some fish? Id like to use my fly gear but have a bit of spin stuff aswell. It's quantity over quality as I'm pretty new to fly fishing. Thanks in advance for any advice!

TROLLER
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Phylis lake

Rabdo
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Phylis lake

x2

just search phyllis lake on the forum and you'll find all the info you need

fish gunner
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
burnstick, birch,beaver,swan lakes in the area.red deer, raven N&S, clearwater, james rivers with in 30 min. get a barry mitchell map guide every thing you need to know abought the area is in there.

Andrew
08-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Jeez lots of Places! Thanks for the info fellas

Mutter87
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Phyllis lake is a good one, I heard Beaver got cleaned out by the gill netting. You need a boat for Birtch and fiesta, would help at Burnstick to.

fish gunner
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Phyllis lake is a good one, I heard Beaver got cleaned out by the gill netting. You need a boat for Birtch and fiesta, would help at Burnstick to.

beaver is fine lots of 14" fish to be had. agreed birch & fiesta need a boat. explore burnstick some shore spots to be found with a little effort. a brave fella with good bug spray and a flair for swamps can find small pike on the fly all day. brass up your neck and ask to rent a boat at the boat launch if needed, I did for my first trips out there. the caroline store has a not bad map of the area. along with lots of current info.

dodgeboy1979
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
if you are into stream fishing clearwater is excellent, i used to park at the general store on the hwy junctions and walk downstream to find some nice pools. Little spinners or your fly gear will get you into nice browns and bulls. Tay river up the highway a little ways has good fishing as does the raven. There is a camp called living faith just west of caroline and if you get their permission you can access alford creek and there are some nice beaver ponds behind their camp.

Bigwoodsman
08-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Strubel and Mitchel lakes are in the area as well as the Tay and North Raven Rivers, several other creeks almost all hold fish of some sort.

BW