super mario
08-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Is time to look for them

prodogg02
08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
nice humpys.havnt seen any that big for a long time

Speckle55
08-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Grats Nice Perch .. just had some tonight for supper ..mmmmm good:sHa_shakeshout:

David:)

THERICARDO
08-02-2012, 07:02 PM
REAL Nice perch! Congrats

super mario
08-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Is time to look for them

more summer perches

Alberta Bigbore
08-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Your a fishing machine!!!

Flyfisher87
08-04-2012, 10:21 PM
That looks like some good eating there :)

e40water12
08-05-2012, 10:37 AM
wow nice healthy perch you got there. Good Job!.

super mario
08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
wow nice healthy perch you got there. Good Job!.

iwent today alone so the picture is that good but get some nice fish

Garry B
08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweet perches again Mario. Thanks for the pictures.

flyguyd
08-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Your makin me hungry.....

Redneck Renagade
08-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Mmmmmmmm. Beer batter perch.

Now I want to get out for jumbos

just_dave
08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Beauty perches.

PureCDN
08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
where do you get those? that's what I'm looking for!

super mario
08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Beauty perches.
Beauty day some nice fish

ricky8fish
08-13-2012, 12:31 AM
nice fish! nice eating! nice job

Kim473
08-13-2012, 06:22 AM
I know that lake!

Thats the one north of Edmonton right.

Great catch Mario, keep on posting pics.

Wish I could tie into some perch right now.

ccoughli
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
I know that lake!

Thats the one north of Edmonton right.

Great catch Mario, keep on posting pics.

Wish I could tie into some perch right now.
Beautiful Perch Jerk!

super mario
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
ice fishing perch weigt 1.14oz lb summer perch1.06oz lb so far ice fishing is better for me

ice
08-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow very nice thanks for sharing!

super mario
08-19-2012, 05:53 PM
future marios team

white eagle
08-20-2012, 11:58 AM
future marios team

good looking future team, nice perch

Jamie Black R/T
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Mario your threads are awesome...no crap, no wordy stories....just meat and potatos

you guys are friggin fish slayers!! keep the pics coming. :)

ricky8fish
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Mario: That must be the same spot you fish in the winter. Gull lake I think?

super mario
08-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Today wathear rain and windy but fishing not to bad

Kim473
08-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Nice catch again Mario.

super mario
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
summer is commig to end same perch fishing

Mayhem
09-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Right on Mario..always great to see your pics, Thanks.

super mario
09-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Right on Mario..always great to see your pics, Thanks.
THANK YOU for nice reply all that hard work to find this perches pays of

Kim473
09-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Mario,

Do you mind telling us your favorite hook to use, your go to hook for perch?

Someone had to ask. We will understand if you keep it a secret.

Mayhem
09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Mario,

You could always PM us :)

super mario
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Mario,

Is not secret jim jigs dif col small spons bait with mellowrsm magattos also slip b with leeches and small minnows secret is which lake to go

Mish@
09-03-2012, 11:45 PM
summer is commig to end same perch fishing

ummmmm why is your trolling motor missing a prop? LOL

Isopod
09-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Well maybe it's just me and maybe you can put it down to sour grapes, but I have a problem with posts that brag about the great fish they are catching but then exclude all other fishers by refusing to say what lake or river they caught them at. Seems to me this board is about sharing and helping others out, not saying "Nyah, nyay, look at all the great fish I'm catching but you can't join me because I'm refusing to say where I caught them." I can understand not revealing your honey-hole on a particular body of water, but to refuse to reveal the body of water itself, well if that's the way it's going to be then I would much rather you keep it entirely to yourself and enjoy your great fishing without feeling the need to tease others about it.

C@RN@GE
09-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Well maybe it's just me and maybe you can put it down to sour grapes, but I have a problem with posts that brag about the great fish they are catching but then exclude all other fishers by refusing to say what lake or river they caught them at. Seems to me this board is about sharing and helping others out, not saying "Nyah, nyay, look at all the great fish I'm catching but you can't join me because I'm refusing to say where I caught them." I can understand not revealing your honey-hole on a particular body of water, but to refuse to reveal the body of water itself, well if that's the way it's going to be then I would much rather you keep it entirely to yourself and enjoy your great fishing without feeling the need to tease others about it.

yep lets destory another lake

Isopod
09-04-2012, 01:39 AM
yep lets destory another lake

Hey, like I said, if he's worried about the lake getting overfished, then he can just keep the whole thing to himself and enjoy the great fishing. It's the bragging about what he has but none of the rest of us can have that I think isn't right. Bragging, boasting, teasing...but absolutely no sharing. Dang, I thought we were taught in Kindergarten not to do that.

Kim473
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM

I share a lot of lake info with fellow anglers but I also have a few honey holes and lakes that I keep to myself. I respect a persons choice on not telling the lake. I know of plenty of them that I have explored in my 30 years of fishing (hundreds) so I don't need the lake info but differant hooks that come out is differant, technique also helps sometimes. Allways nice to know of a differant method that works.

Keep your lakes to your self Mario. Don't tell us. You don't need thousands of people crowding you.

If it was to be put to a vote on this forum, I would vote for Mario as the number one perch slayer.

Great job Mario!

cranky
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I dont think Mario is showing off at all. And if he is he sure has a reason,the guy is a fishing machine. Seems everyone likes pics on here and encourage it.
Keep on posting Mario. I dont need to know where, ill find it on my own eventually:evilgrin:

Isopod
09-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Well, fair enough. Others obviously don't share my problem with this, so it seems I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I still don't see it as much different than a neighbour coming over to boast about how he has found a gas station where gas sells for 10 cents per litre but he won't tell me where it is because he wants to save all the gas for himself, but he just wanted make sure that I know how I'm paying so much more than him.

Whatev's.

C@RN@GE
09-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Well, fair enough. Others obviously don't share my problem with this, so it seems I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I still don't see it as much different than a neighbour coming over to boast about how he has found a gas station where gas sells for 10 cents per litre but he won't tell me where it is because he wants to save all the gas for himself, but he just wanted make sure that I know how I'm paying so much more than him.

Whatev's.

QQ

Isopod
09-05-2012, 03:54 AM
QQ

Haha, nice. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Who Da Fisherman
09-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Whatev's.

Gas will only be that cheap till it is all "gone".
You want perch and maybe big perch you will have to read between the lines!
-What did he use?
-What techniques?
-What lakes have Perch?
-Look in his pics and other previous fishermans, they will show you locations on the lakes.
-When at the lakes that have perch, do a little traveling around and see where there may be others, they are in these locations for a reason.
-Talk to the locals at the pub, coffee shop and tackle shops, they may not give you the exact locations but will definitely give you some pointers.
-Talk nice and ask the OP or others if he or they is ever looking for someone to join him for a day of fishing!

Coming on here and what a majority of people will interpret as whining will not get you very far.

Nice Perch Mario:)

ice
09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
where do you get those? that's what I'm looking for!

I don't know where he caught those, but McMillan has huge perch, Iv got a pic from last winter I'll post when I get a chance, also laurier lake in whitney lakes provincial park 45 mins north has monster perch, and they are plentiful

Morph1
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Hasse just past Stony Plain has some enormous hawgs,
I seen those monsters pull anglers off the dock into the Hasse Abyss and devour them alive !!! , lol lol

This forum is a great entertainment .... I can read this s|-|it and laugh all day long on here....:sHa_sarcasticlol:
p
oops forgot , great perch Mario, no better place to fish than northern Alberta....

Isopod
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Well I don't mean to be attacking Mario personally because he is just one of number who people who post great pics but don't share lakes, so I mean to challenge the attitude not the individual, if that makes sense. I'm only writing it on his thread because to comment I had to put it on *some* thread.

And knowing Mario's lake wouldn't personally benefit me at all because neither me or any of my fishing buds own a boat or have any interest in getting one. I'm a shore fisher/ice fisher only, and I'm certain that lake is private and has no public access for ice fishing because otherwise it would be well known. I highly doubt it is even in Alberta, I'm thinking northern States, but who knows?

Anyway, I still find the attitude of sharing pics but not locations curious. And now I find it even more curious that I seem to be the only one that has an issue with that. Such is life.

Redfrog
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
On and on with the whining!!!! I don't care cause I don't have a boat. I know it;'s a private lake,I hate his guts and liver for not telling me.

Give it a rest man. we got it . You are jealous. move on.

"And now I find it even more curious that I seem to be the only one that has an issue with that." This can't be the first time in your life you were wrong? Surely!:snapoutofit:

No body cares that you can't find perch.

Great job as usual Mario. :sHa_shakeshout:

Pay no attention to that incessant high pitched squeal. It's a throw out bearing that didn't get thrown out.:thinking-006:

Isopod
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
LOL @ Redfrog! Gee, you sound angrier than Tom Mulcair when he's stumping for votes in central Canada by grrr grrr grrrring about Alberta's oil!

Redfrog
09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
LOL @ Redfrog! Gee, you sound angrier than Tom Mulcair when he's stumping for votes in central Canada by grrr grrr grrrring about Alberta's oil!

Nothing Personal Isopod, but we all got your point the first time you made. it. We just disagree. Move on. Whining is for preschool children and little girls. If you fit one of these two groups then I'm impressed with your typing schools. On the other hand if you fit in one of these two groups it's past your bedtime.:)

Mayhem
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
ummmmm why is your trolling motor missing a prop? LOL

This is a perfect example of the kind of things you can pick up on if you pay attention to details. Fishing is like anything else, sometimes little things make big differences. Also helps if you get out on the water/ice (from shore or boat)and experiment.

Isopod
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
This is a perfect example of the kind of things you can pick up on if you pay attention to details.
The detail I've been trying to pick up on is in the last set of pics Mario posted in this thread, called "future Mario's team" or something like that. You can see water lilies in the photo but the resolution isn't quite good enough to tell if they are yellow pond lilies or white water lilies. If yellow pond lilies then this lake could be in Alberta. But if white water lilies - which I think they are but can't be 100% certain - then it is not Alberta since they don't grow in this province.

And Redfrog, I had to keep the thread going for a bit to see if anyone else chimed in and had the same issue as me or not. If I just did a single reply to an already-old thread it would have scrolled down and away quickly and I would never have known. If it really bothered you so much, you didn't have to keep coming back and reading, ya' know ;)

super mario
09-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Well I don't mean to be attacking Mario personally because he is just one of number who people who post great pics but don't share lakes, so I mean to challenge the attitude not the individual, if that makes sense. I'm only writing it on his thread because to comment I had to put it on *some* thread.

And knowing Mario's lake wouldn't personally benefit me at all because neither me or any of my fishing buds own a boat or have any interest in getting one. I'm a shore fisher/ice fisher only, and I'm certain that lake is private and has no public access for ice fishing because otherwise it would be well known. I highly doubt it is even in Alberta, I'm thinking northern States, but who knows?

Anyway, I still find the attitude of sharing pics but not locations curious. And now I find it even more curious that I seem to be the only one that has an issue with that. Such is life.

THANks to let now i have private lake and live in STates :bad_boys_20:

Isopod
09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Well good on you if you do have a cottage on a private Alberta lake or a lake in the States!

Part of the reason you're posting these amazing fish pics and not revealing the lake is because you know people will want to guess the lake, right? Those are very impressive slabs and you pull them out consistently and in big numbers, which is very unusual if really in Alberta, so maybe its somewhere else? If in Alberta, then it must not have public access or someone would have recognized it by now... or maybe they did and are now cringing that you posted pics?

I see water lilies in your pics and I know that water lilies are not common in Alberta. If they are white water lilies, they don't even grow here so that would rule out Alberta. If yellow pond lilies, they aren't common but do grow in some Alberta lakes, like this small water body in central Alberta, shown below. For all I know, that's your lake. Well, I don't really think so, but maybe I'll pop by this winter to punch a hole or two and drop a line, just in case, LOL. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rollingstone/2012/lakeMario.jpg

pikeslayer22
09-06-2012, 07:11 AM
Get out from behind the keyboard and go find them! there are many"Public"lakes in Alberta that have nice perch in them!! Next thing you will be wanting to know is exact locations where big game animals were killed!

ricky8fish
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Mario I think you and Al linder must have your own private lake.

Isopod
09-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Get out from behind the keyboard and go find them! there are many"Public"lakes in Alberta that have nice perch in them!! Next thing you will be wanting to know is exact locations where big game animals were killed!

Huh? Why would I want to waste my time looking for great perch spots when he's already found them? All he has to do is tell me the lakes, with GPS coords of the best spots, plus alternatives if the bite is slow. I'm important and my time is valuable, so I think it's really up to him to man-up and share his locations. Also, I don't have a boat... but I know he does... so just make sure the tank is filled when I arrive so I don't have to fuss with that sh**, okay? ;)

Who Da Fisherman
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Well good on you if you do have a cottage on a private Alberta lake or a lake in the States!

Part of the reason you're posting these amazing fish pics and not revealing the lake is because you know people will want to guess the lake, right? Those are very impressive slabs and you pull them out consistently and in big numbers, which is very unusual if really in Alberta, so maybe its somewhere else? If in Alberta, then it must not have public access or someone would have recognized it by now... or maybe they did and are now cringing that you posted pics?

I see water lilies in your pics and I know that water lilies are not common in Alberta. If they are white water lilies, they don't even grow here so that would rule out Alberta. If yellow pond lilies, they aren't common but do grow in some Alberta lakes, like this small water body in central Alberta, shown below. For all I know, that's your lake. Well, I don't really think so, but maybe I'll pop by this winter to punch a hole or two and drop a line, just in case, LOL. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rollingstone/2012/lakeMario.jpg

Did some quick searching, low and behold look what i found under them lillies! LOL

Kim473
09-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I don't know where he caught those, but McMillan has huge perch, Iv got a pic from last winter I'll post when I get a chance, also laurier lake in whitney lakes provincial park 45 mins north has monster perch, and they are plentiful

Have not been there in years. Has that lake really recovered that good. laurier lake.